Woodpecker guardian

Hi, last year I had a woodpecker visiting the blue tit nest box in my garden quite regularly, it eventually managed to take one of the babies. It was quite a surprise as I have a woodcrete box and thought they couldn't reach that far. I looked at the nest box guardians that someone on here recommended, but they were only suitable for wooden boxes, so I was stumped on what to do........ Until my husband came up with an idea. We visited B&Q and bought a small plastic tube just a little larger than the hole, and he has cemented it to the box, building it up on the sides. It has now set and ready to be put back up in the garden! He is has just put it up I will post some pictures and see what you all think, I think he has done a very good job, and now it's fingers crossed to see if I get any visitors

(Not sure I have posted this in correct thread, feel free to move it)

• Could anyone tell me how I upload the photos please, not sure how to do it

• Hi Toffee Lady.

When you are signed in, go to the top of the page (on the right hand side) and click on ‘settings’(In the black bar). Select the tab which says ‘advanced options’. At the part which says ‘Content Editor’, make sure that this is set to ‘Enhanced’. Once you have done this, click on the ‘save’ tab at the bottom left hand side of the same page. (You only have to do this once, as it will always stay this way once it is saved). Then take a look HERE, where all should be explained. If you're having any problems, just shout out, and someone will help you further if needed.

Paul

My bird photos HERE

•  Can anyone remove the first large photo for me please?

• Sorry to be a nuisance, i don't often post and was just trying to post these pics of my woodpecker guardian, managed to reduce them but can't delete the first very large one. It does not give me the option to delete it just says edit, flag as spam. Many thanks Paul A for your help.

• Hi, Toffee Lady. Your husband's solution to the Woodpecker problem is really good. Hopefully this should keep the fledglings out of their reach. In regards to your big photo, I like it; it saves me from having to peer at the screen to see what’s going on. Please don't think that you're being a nuisance, this is certainly not the case. This is your thread, and you can post whatever you want on it. Once you have posted something, only you can change it (with the exception of the moderators, although they only really get involved if someone is being abusive or posting inappropriate content). Anyway, if you really want to change anything you’ve posted, all you have to do is click on the ‘edit’ tab at the bottom of the particular post you want to change. This will re-open that post so you can then add, change or delete anything you want within it. If you want to delete a photo; once you’ve opened a post in the ‘edit’ mode, just click on the photo and hit either ‘delete’ or ‘backspace’ on your keyboard. All you have to do then is to hit the ‘post’ tab once more, and your edited post will be completed. You can edit a post as many times as you like. Most folk’s will add an ‘edit’ note if they’ve changed something, just in case others have already read the post and are looking in again at further comments. I hope this has made sense to you, if not, just shout out, there’ll always be someone to help you out.

Paul

-EDIT- Just like this.

My bird photos HERE

• Morning T.Lady,  thats a great way to get round the problem of predation from birds that can reach in to the nest box hole;    I have seen a similar type of thing used which are available to purchase HERE     Good luck with that brilliant way of protecting the box and hope you see some fine fledglings in due course.

Regards, Hazel 

• hi, thanks for your reply. I have one of those for my wooden box, but they are no good for the woodcrete boxes,and after last years saga of the woodpecker taking the babies we had to come up with Something to stop them:-)