British Bird ID

I am after a bird ID book that Helps you ID them even if you don't have a clue on the birds type. I now have the collins Guide, but unless you have a clue where to start in the book it's too late. A long time ago I had a bird identification book that asked you questions such as: did it have webbed feet? bigger or smaller than? and so on. Please if any of you know of such a book it would help my team immensely. Mik
  • The new reprint version will have an Orange cover

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Thanks for the tip.

The book looks as though it could be a bit too advanced as it says in the write up "missing out easily recognizable species" It is for use at an airfield where by the poeple using it are not that interested in the subject and what you or I may find easily recognizable they may not. We are in the south west by the sea with several areas of wetlands and esturies as well as wood and farm land.

I will have a closer look at this book though thank you for your help.

Mik

• Hi, Mik R, the 'RSPB Handbook of British Birds'  and 'Collins Bird Guide' are two useful and informative books which should suit your needs. The 'ID Insights' is really good and complements the other two very well. I speak from personal experience!

Rob.

Rob.

My photos are on Flickr