The Birds of Gloucestershire

For those of us either in or near Gloucestershire I make no apologies for copying the below.   If anyone does want to pre-order this book, the order form can be found in the links below or on my website (see my signature).

"Preparations for the publication of  'The Birds of Gloucestershire' are on schedule, with the launch in the autumn - until the end of August you can order copies for just £20 plus p&p instead of the full retail price of £45.

Our publishers, Liverpool University Press, are a not-for-profit organisation, and any royalties from the book will come back into the county for bird conservation. You can find copies of the flyer on various websites already, for example the Gloster Birder www.birder.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ and the Gloucestershire Naturalists' Society www.glosnats.org/ ."

p.p. Gordon Kirk.   BTO  regional representative and atlas organiser,  Gloucestershire

• Local books like this along with local annual reports in book form are always interesting.I find the Yorkshire ones very useful if wanting to find certain species or check the breeding success of birds in areas.The annual reprts are usually only about £5 good value in my opinion considering the work that goes into compiling them.I edit one or our local club that only runs to 10 or 12 pages so I can appreciate the work involved.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can