Abscent without leave

Sorry to have been away for so long, but i have had a major operation and am just getting over it.

Thought i would let you know that i am well enough to travel to Northumberland and hopefully

go by boat (sea sickness allowing) to The Farne Islands. I cant wait, so many different birds to

see. Puffins being paramount, Eider Ducks Gannets Skewers, to same a few. I am even more

pleased because i thought we had to forgo this, this year.

Must just say though, just this morning a Heron tried to land on our forsythia! Red Kite came to

say hello and seams to be doing it every day. I think they are looking after me. I know it sounds

a little crazy, but whenever i am low, there nearly always seams to be some unusal or usual bird/birds

chear me up. Missing the site and will commence as soon as back from hols. Hopefully to report a

lot of sightings

• Welcome back to the fold Amber, I'm glad you are making a good recovery and I'm sure your trip to the Farne Islands will help you to recover even quicker.

Regards Shane

My Photos in Flickr.

• Welcome back Amber ,here's to a speedy and successful recovery,I am going through a long recovery myself and find having birding targets a great help as well as the support and wishes of folk on this forum.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Welcome back from me too Amber and I wish you all the best with your recovery;   hope you have a wonderful trip to the Farne Isles and look forward to hearing all about it on your return.    Take care and speedy recovery.

Regards, Hazel