Disappearing Blogs.

Where have Latest Blogs gone from Campfield Marsh's home page? Are we just alone with this issue or is it general to all?  Several months ago items under the heading 'Useful information' ( eg Tide timetables etc.) disappeared from the page - presumably lost forever. After the first update a year or so ago all the previous images included in the blogs became unviewable and now, even worse, all the blogs have gone - with no apparent clue as to how to link to them, even. What are you all playing at!  Are these moves meant to be improvements - if so, to whom one wonders! The general public who we know read these pages, will be more confused than we are - not knowing the machinations that are taking place. Goodness knows how you think this will serve to encourage new membership, if that is the aim?

It sounds as if we bloggers have all been suffering patiently in silence, up to this point. We ourselves are rather elderly volunteers and have virtually single -handed maintained the Campfield Marsh Community Blog now for three and a half years - having invested a good deal of our spare time and energy (and pennies too in buying suitable photographic equipment) in doing so!  We are, to say the least, horrified and very disappointed at this latest turn of events.

A very angry Judith Rogers.

• Hi, Judith - it must have been a temporary glitch as I've just visited your home page and the blogs are listed.  Is September 30th the last one you posted?

I'm very pleased your lovely blogs are still there and readable!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hi Clare, Thank you for your kind words and concern.

Our Blog posts were not appearing yesterday on Campfield Homepage nor did they come up under 'recent sightings' (which all our blogs are tagged with). This was the last straw yesterday at the end of a number of other issues. Happily, this morning, the Homepage was back to normal with respect to the Blog posts (but still not to a number of other issues which we hope will right themselves when this current update is finalised).

Kind Regards,

Judith

• Thanks for your reply Bob. All the blogs have now shown up this morning on Campfield Marsh Homepage. You are right, I'm sure the whole site is very complex with all the different permutations of computers and operating systems that people use to access it. We will hope that the bulk of people's issues get sorted out shortly.

With respect to posting blogs as Forum threads as well, so that they get read generally - I will give that a try. My understanding was, however, that the Community page publish 'latest blogs' and also the main 'News' page does too - as I have seen ours posted in both locations without any further action on our part.

Like you, I too have not been aware of you local patch which sounds most interesting. Will have a more thorough look later.

Kind Regards

Judith