This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• I've no idea whether this problem has been reported before, but i'd be very surprised if I'm the only one to experience it. The issue is when committing an action e.g. clicking  'post' or 'insert',  the page doesn't update. In the past clicking on 'insert' closed the insert dialogue and returned to the page one was composing, clicking on 'post' forwarded to the uploaded page, i've just uploaded the same page several times because the 'post' button didn't seem to work, now I can't delete them using my profile page. I think it's a java runtime error but I'm no programmer!

• Hi, just to make you all aware I have moved some posts into another (requested) thread and deleted comments relating to this in order to get this thread back on topic.

• Hi- 

john_l_uk said:

I've no idea whether this problem has been reported before, but i'd be very surprised if I'm the only one to experience it. The issue is when committing an action e.g. clicking  'post' or 'insert',  the page doesn't update. In the past clicking on 'insert' closed the insert dialogue and returned to the page one was composing, clicking on 'post' forwarded to the uploaded page, i've just uploaded the same page several times because the 'post' button didn't seem to work, now I can't delete them using my profile page. I think it's a java runtime error but I'm no programmer!

I get this same problem intermittently-  maybe it's a net speed prob?

If not it has been flagged b4 so should be on the hit-list of things to fix as it's obviously IMHO a definite standard operating feature that needs fixing.

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• MIKE, thank you for the heads-up re MrsT's kind attention to my misplaced posts :-)

MrsT, I'm so sorry to have caused all that extra work, I'm sure you've got enough on your plate.  Thank you very much :-)

IMAGICAT

• I just replied to a PM but my reply did not register - ie, I can only see the msg I was replying to, not my reply.  So I sent another reply and that's not showing either.  I'm sure we should be able to see the message "stream" :-/

IMAGICAT

• Scylla, it takes a long time to show when I send one. It does eventually show.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Thank you SPARROW :-)

IMAGICAT

• Hi ChloeB,

Can you drop me an email explaining the issues you're seeing and your details so I can contact you directly? I'll try to help as best I can.

If you send the email through to web.enquiries@rspb.org.uk and mark it for my attention, I'll pick it up tomorrow?

Sorry for the delay in responding!

F.

• Hi All,

Quick update, we'll be doing some behind the scenes work tonight on the community. It's likely to be through the night and into the early hours.

You may experience some speed issues during the work and periodically images and files may disappear and re-appear.

Tomorrow we should then be rolling out some of the fixes. I'll tell you more about what issues are being sorted when I get in in the morning.

Many thanks,

F.