This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• Hazel b said:

Careful with that enhanced switch. ChloeB switched her's from enhanced to basic and then it stubbornly refused to switch back. Finally with the help of Frankie it was discovered that it was the length of the wording in her signature that was the problem. By shortening it by a small amount it was persuaded to go back to enhanced.

Even though, illogically, it had saved the initial change to plain text no problem....with the very same original signature links that it jibbed at the other way round! Explain that one if you can!

Yes I do get the notification about no notifications from time to time. Working ok at the moment.

• I don't know what notifications are and I'm not sure I really care. If it's about emails I've switched them all off.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Notification button is in toolbar at top right hand side TeeJay. Unread notifications are flagged up in red.

• Unknown said:

I don't know what notifications are and I'm not sure I really care. If it's about emails I've switched them all off.

Right at the top of the screen there is a notifications button. It comes up with a figure in red when there is a notification of a new post in a thread one has posted in. However it is giving spurious information.

• OK thanks. I'd forgotten what they were for. I've just checked and like doggie I've turned them off for everything except PM's and friendship requests.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Unknown said:

There does seem to be a certain amount of overkill going on - notifications, red dots and bright/faded text - all trying to tell you what's new and none of it working 100% as it should do, it seems to me.

The red dots on the thread are my preferred method of notification but they were turned off until about 2 or so days ago.

• Yes agree with you there Bob. It should give the last poster.

• A strange quirk I have noticed this past 2 days.  This is a description of the most recent occurrence, I can't remember exactly what or how I'd posted the first time it happened.

I posted 3 screenshots via Photobucket links, so used the Insert/EditMedia > YouTube or URL.  A few minutes later I edited the post to add 2 pics uploaded from my computer.  A few minutes later (this is the only brain I have, just sympathise, don't scoff!) I went to edit the remark I had made introducing the uploaded pics, but neither the remark nor the pics were available for editing - they just weren't there in the rich formatting box :o

I cancelled out and went back to the thread, and there was my complete post with all pics and text.

Go figure.

IMAGICAT

• I agree with Doggie, and the fonts on the main page latest forum posts are driving me mad. I really don't like the read ones in normal and the unread ones in bold. It looks very amateurish.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• I dislike the font in the quick reply box. It's so spidery and spaced out I can't tell whether I've inadvertently put in extra spaces. I can't see why it should be any different from the font when it appears in the post.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream