This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• Thank you Frank.

As Doggie says, it has always been the case

The reply box is also very slow to respond today.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Susan H said:

Thank you Frank.

As Doggie says, it has always been the case

The reply box is also very slow to respond today.

I'm not having too much trouble with it, seems It's a bit like whac-a-mole with performance at the mo. We are looking very closely at this though.

• Thank you. You are working late tonight, and it's a Friday!

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Susan H said:

Thank you. You are working late tonight, and it's a Friday!

Disappearing in a few minutes, just posting up a distilled summary of the more pressing issues you've all reported.

• Unknown said:

This is not important too ( i don't think) but some thread headings are not displaying properly though it is not stopping them working

Not sure if you are aware doggie, but every tab you have open to the rspb website creates a connection to the server at intervals to check things live (callbacks to the server)

So in theory if the server is having problems the more tabs you have open the more stress you put it under as it has to answer every tab you have open when they call back to the server.

Brian.

My Flickr

My own humble photo site

• Hi All,

As promised (although slightly later than I hoped due to a pressing private emergency earlier) I've updated the issues post - www.rspb.org.uk/.../774575.aspx

Please don't shoot me down in flames if I've missed something or missed the point on something, just let me know and I'll edit it.

More info for you all on Tuesday, I'm unlikely to be on here this weekend, and possibly not around much on Monday.

We're working on it, so keep the feedback either constructive or positive! ;)

Have a good (and hopefully bright and sunny) weekend all.

F.

• Hi-

takes 1o secs to open my Notifications and 1 MINUTE!!!  To get any one of them to open then 4 mins !!! to get back to Home page- checked, it's NOT my PC- the western coastal rock haunting  wader website id really fast - but I do have solid state and enough RAM to power Cuba for a month.

If RSPB is expecting the site to expand to cater for new 'like minded customers' they will have to get their act together

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• BTW it took 1 min 30 to post previous post-   If I were RSPB I'd implement the back to back agreement clause on the nerfs who designed this and have them in 24/7 at their own expense.

( Yes I used to work for an international outfit as a problem solver-) ***

S

***  It wasn't International Rescue

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Bookmarks have been there since I came back about 3 weeks ago

J

• Just a quick grouse about a longterm problem which might easily be fixed now that all "this" is going on:

In the LG forums, NEW POST should read NEW THREAD.

Newbies are misled into starting new threads and, in the LG forum in particular, the LG forum frequently being criticised for having too high a profile amongst all the bird/nature topics here, we (or some of us) try to keep new threads to a minimum.

Am still catching up, but BOB, those "diamond question marks" appear for me too in posts done in rich formatting - I never use Word to paste posts.

IMAGICAT