This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• Hazel b said:

Thanks for your patience.... Don't forget, I'm still actively coveting feedback on the bits you do like....!

Well you Frankie do seem to be making a real difference with your feedback.

As for the software I do like the "like" feature. It does provide real feedback and is a vast improvement on the star feature which was almost universally disliked in my experience. It is amazing how small but subtle changes can produce big effects.

Notifications are good but unfortunately they take one to the top of the relevant thread rather than the bottom.  

[/quote]

Thanks for that feedback, much appreciated. I'll see what we can do about the notifications, there are a few bigger things on the list at the moment, but I'll add it.

• Unknown said:
    Oh and one very important thing is get my Good Egg badge on my profile page Sparrow and Judi has theirs and that sticks in my throat a bit lol

That's one problem I will never hav,never dne enough to warrant that just appreciate how others earn theirs

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• One thing very noticeable to me tonight is the speed has increased greatly,not sure if it is the upgrade or someone has shovelled more coal onto my steam powered laptop.Sometimes the speed is my ancient set has been at fault.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Hi-  it still takes 30 seconds ( !!) to open my notifications or jump from one forum to another

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Still slow for me.

I'm seeing another error, although it could be facebook at fault.

Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings.  It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

This seems to be causing it
    https://www.facebook.com/connect/ping?client_id=172525162793917&response_type=token%2Csigned_request%2Ccode&domain=www.rspb.org.uk&origin=1&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D25%23cb%3Df2552b55b52953e%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.rspb.org.uk%252Ff11610e7488f658%26domain%3Dwww.rspb.org.uk%26relation%3Dparent&sdk=joey

Brian.

My Flickr

My own humble photo site

• Hi-  how about a specified Re- launch day  -  by which time the site is definitely usable and we can start posting our usual stuff and get it looking like it should rather than us all having to complain  ?

I'd like to get back to my old quiz photo habits and talking birds on here but I'm not wasting my time ( especially when busy on run up to Bird Fair)  until it's worth it. ( still takes over 10 secs to open stuff)

:)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• seymouraves said:

Hi-  how about a specified Re- launch day  -  by which time the site is definitely usable and we can start posting our usual stuff and get it looking like it should rather than us all having to complain  ?

I'd like to get back to my old quiz photo habits and talking birds on here but I'm not wasting my time ( especially when busy on run up to Bird Fair)  until it's worth it. ( still takes over 10 secs to open stuff)

:)

S

That sounds like a top idea Seymour

Pete

• Hi All, we're making a slight change this afternoon to help us with performance.

You won't see any visual changes, it's a behind the scenes change that might help speed things up a touch.

Not sure of the exact ETA on this, but when I know I'll post up again.

Reported issues list should be up this afternoon too.

• Have you tried again to edit it?

I had a problem last night posting, clicking post did nothing but jump to the top of the page.

I had to copy the text and click back and try anew.

Brian.

My Flickr

My own humble photo site

• Unknown said:

Hi All, we're making a slight change this afternoon to help us with performance.

You won't see any visual changes, it's a behind the scenes change that might help speed things up a touch.

Not sure of the exact ETA on this, but when I know I'll post up again.

Has this tweak been made?  Just come back and had to login again (which makes me suspect it has) - site response is much brisker than it was this morning....

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index