This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• Great to see comments like this on there - "We were all gobsmacked at first. We all thought it was awful, but as time passes and after a bit of practice, it all falls into place." - Can't wait to see people coming round to this new look/feel communities too!

As with everything it takes time for those implementing to get things sorted and those using it to adjust....like everything in life really!

• Alan, I do not think it is in the right place and have fed this back to those that matter. For now the best option is to make it more obvious so that more traffic can be driven to it, maybe just making the font bigger would be a start and a quick fix.

As time goes on it can then be looked into being moved to somewhere more sensible where it is a better fit and even more traffic can be driven to it and eventually it may take on another form.

Either way we recognize that currently it is not reaching out to enough people, it is possibly sited wrong and we will do our best to resolve that asap.

• Are there any plans to put the member profile 'activities' list back to how it used to be?

I am sure this must have been mentioned already but what the heck, worth bringing up again. We used to be able to click on a post/comment in our activities list and it linked us to the post's original place in the thread. Now all we get is the text and no link to the original. Ok we do have a link but all it does is take us to the very first post of the thread. It used to be a good navigation tool, now useless.

• Unknown said:

If anyone has the twilight zone theme music may want to play it while they look at this thread lol www.rspb.org.uk/.../44788.aspx

LOL. I remember those threads Doggie. One would have thought the powers that be would have learnt from the earlier mistakes. Seems not.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Unknown said:

Great to see comments like this on there - "We were all gobsmacked at first. We all thought it was awful, but as time passes and after a bit of practice, it all falls into place." - Can't wait to see people coming round to this new look/feel communities too!

As with everything it takes time for those implementing to get things sorted and those using it to adjust....like everything in life really!

As Doggie said, we regulars spent time and effort practising to make it fall into place. Thread after thread of complaints and suggestions got us somewhere but not the whole way..  It has been all the newbies over the past 2 years that can't cope with it and need a great deal of help from the forumites, most noteably from Doggie and also TJ's forum map. We did ask for a site map like most other sites have. Never got one. Maybe one could be devised now, and tested thoroughly by invited forumites before being published?

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Unknown said:

Great to see comments like this on there - "We were all gobsmacked at first. We all thought it was awful, but as time passes and after a bit of practice, it all falls into place." - Can't wait to see people coming round to this new look/feel communities too!

Sorry to say this Ben but to my opinion this comment has come from cloud cuckoo land,talking to users of other bird orientated forums this is getting good laughs.As said elsewhere it is old time users who are making it work not those in their fancy ivery computer towers,more help is coming from the few regulars than anywhere else.It can only put new members off from joining the society and ,although I hope not,deter older members from joining again.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Jennifer T said:

Never ask a woman for directions, but what the heck is a 'mind map'?

Jennifer T said:

Just looked in the Ordnance Survey catalogue MrsT it is not in there !!

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

•  

Jennifer T said:

Prepare to be amazed Mrs T.

Edit: Afraid the link isn't working which is a shame as there were some pretty pictures there.

Annie

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

Einstein

• appleanne said:

Prepare to be amazed Mrs T.

Edit: Afraid the link isn't working which is a shame as there were some pretty pictures there.

[/quote]

I think this is the link

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=mind+map

Brian.

My Flickr

My own humble photo site

• Not a high priority, but I'll flag it - I keep getting notifications saying that people have responded to one thread, (The Young of 2013).  It gives the same message every time, and I've checked my settings on more than one occasion and can't see what's causing it.

Annie

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

Einstein