This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• Almost grinding to a halt right now. Awful!

• I thought I'd had a Friends list at one time but not now:

I wish to send an important message (important for an upset member's self-confidence) but can't find them in my Friends and trying to find them in Messages is... :-(  That means I'll have to go thru the pages of the forum thread to find their ID and access it that way, which will take lord knows how long.

IMAGICAT

• I can see your friends list., I did get the code the other day on another profile.

I would just keep trying to view it.

Maybe the server doesn't have enough memory and causes errors when it runs out.

Brian.

My Flickr

My own humble photo site

• Thank you for the info, Ibcus :-)  Not enough memory?!  After it's been upgraded?!

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:

Scylla, that looks lkike what you see on the right hand side of the profile page -  Iget that mumbo jumbo too. However, when I click on the tab that says friends, then I get presented with a full list of my friends. I presume that you have tried that and get the same mumbo jumbo in both polaces.

Bob

The mumbo jumbo on the RHS of my profile page comes and goes, as I mentioned on an earlier post. Sometimes mumbo jumbo and sometimes I get a list of friends. HOWEVER, when I click on the tab that says "friends" I get a page which has a heading but otherwise is blank - no friends listed at all.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Ladies and Gentlemen.

As promised I have been in touch with the RSPB this morning.

I can reassure you all that :-

(a) our Mods are reading and passing on every detail of your/our issues. It is virtually their first job of the day.

(b) I have had a long conversation with a senior member of staff who is now conferring with others as to how best to inform us of progress and he will be    back to me later today.

I can only say at this stage that the exchange was a free and frank one with a genuine desire to sort this. However there are clearly a myriad of technical issues to be worked through. Our continuing to post problems and indeed partial solutions, like the change of password, are all helpful pointers.

I will report later and hopefully we will see a comprehensive response from the RSPB.

(I am reminded at this stage of a quotation...."Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can, seldom in a woman,never in a Man" )

• Bob. Our posts crossed.

• Mike B said:
    As promised I have been in touch with the RSPB this morning.

Thank you MIKE :-*

Posting on this thread this morning is so quick and easy compared to LG forum.

IMAGICAT

• (I am reminded at this stage of a quotation...." The labourer is worthy of his wages" )

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• I have been trying to reply to a pending friend request but as my friend page is blank, with no facility to accept or otherwise, how am I expected to reply. It also seems impossible to scroll back after using 'rich formatting' even after clicking 'Leave this Page'. Just keep going round in circles. The LG Forum is still so slow.