This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• I think I misunderstood your post Apple. Did you really mean to ask if we were able to change our passwords ok rather than, how I took it, that changing your password had an effect on how your account worked? :)

I see that our posts crossed

• Sorry guys, see my previous post re what I got when trying to upload pictures.  The answer is yes, I can upload pictures now whereas I couldn't before.  This was my main problem.

Annie

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

Einstein

• Ok, answers from me: yes, I can change my password and no, it didn't alter anything that I am aware of. Didn't make my 'save' button work in Advanced Options tab in 'settings'.

• Unknown said:

For now my friends list is back in FF

My friends list comes and goes. Sometimes it is there, sometimes it isn't.  Currently it isn't there on IE8 or FF.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Hi Linda,hope you keeping well.Ref friends list I am only amateur at this game but it all seems good on Chrome.

• Just trying out uploading a pic on my netbook...

Nope. Nothing happens when I click the 'insert image' icon, so can't put up a pic from the hard drive or from another website. That's Firefox running on Linux Mint.

• Hi-

thought I'd give it another go as 'promises' of a better state of affairs are being posted-

It still takes 10 seconds to jump between the pages on this thread and 30 secs to open my own page.  I tried a well known rocky coast inhabiting rival website and it's fine- so probably not my new PC at fault.

I'll probably just wait and give the RSPB reps a massive pasting at the Bird Fair. Saturday around lunch time will be good !

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• In the LG forum I just got this (after a long wait) via Rich Formatting:

Refreshing didn't bring up RF.

In order to post this now I obviously had to use RF and there was no problem.

Honestly, the slowness is SOUL DESTROYING - especially for those of us trying to monitor and report activity on nests.

I cannot now insert a Photobucket picture here.

IMAGICAT

• PERSONAL MESSAGES

Can anyone tell me what use this is?  (I've had to go back in time to find 2 consecutive ones with "anonymous" avatars.)

Why no message title?  Why no "From"?  Why such a short list of viewable messages?  It is PANTS (for once, a young people's term that expresses my frustration).

IMAGICAT

• seymouraves said:
    I'll probably just wait and give the RSPB reps a massive pasting at the Bird Fair. Saturday around lunch time will be good !

Trying to spoil someone's weekend Seymour ?this one does seem to be dragging its feet more than usual.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can