This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• Question for the techies--what has happened to the personal information (locations, hobbies, etc.) on member's profile pages, please?  Biographies are still there, but many people have not entered a biog.  I know it is not as crucial as many other things such as the new slowness of everything and making it easier for members to post their photos, etc., but it can be interesting and useful to know where someone lives when they post what birds they are seeing in their back gardens, as well as the other (often amusing!) information they have given.  Thanks and good luck everyone!!  Who said 'Into every life a bit of rain must fall'?!

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:

In the forum, click on the green phioto icon and this is the box you get.

That icon is totally unresponsive for me now.  Earlier I could open it but it was totally empty.

The Word icon opens a box but it's empty, just an X in the corner; similarly the "Inserts a new table", and the Anchor, and the Horizontal Rule opens with double-dutch and symbols inside it.

IMAGICAT

• I am now functional with OPERA browser, my usual for RSPB forums is Chrome, no good,and neither is Firefox.

Have noticed a TOTAL NO-NO: "Email me with replies to this thread" is ticked by default. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO... PLEASE!

IMAGICAT

• And another thing - the rich formatting reply box is too shallow :-)

The Edit button is very flaky in Opera, though, it takes ages to catch it, it disappears as soon as I lower mouse pointer from the black arrow to click on Edit.

IMAGICAT

• I'm having to upload pics twice, the first time it says 'an error occurred', something to do with Javascript?  Anyway, I don't take out the link, just do it again on top and the pic uploads.

EDIT - that's fixed itself now :-/

I've cracked the Edit button problem too - I hover over the black arrow until the options appear underneath, then drag the arrow onto Edit... and it's clickable, doesn't disappear.  Go figure ;-)

IMAGICAT

• Trying an alternative - "Grab the HTML code" option from Flickr and paste it into the "Edit HTML" option on here.... 

Red Grouse Portrait

That's easier :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Apart from the known problem of s-p-e-e-d I have had to log on again to get in.  This morning I have tried to upload pics on the DU thread, but nothing happens.  I managed one yesterday, and then failed on other attempts despite waiting more than five minutes for anything to happen.   I don't understand why the 'edit' facility is so hidden away - and with the system being so slow it doesn't help.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• GOOD MORNING MRS T

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE COULD YOU ASK WHY THE BROWSE BOOK DOES NOT OPEN WHEN WE CLICK "INSERT IMAGE"  AND HOW WE REDUCE IMAGES WHEN WE HAVE NO "MAGIC" PROGRAMMES OR ACCOUNTS

AM CLOSE TO TEARS WITH FRUSTRATION

THIS CERTAINLY CANNOT BE DOING RSPB'S PUBLIC IMAGE MUCH GOOD

• Patily

If you have Microsoft Office, it includes a programme called Picture Manager which can be used to reduce images - though I haven't tried it yet with this new version of the site.  

• Trying bigger files - now says the limit is 4Mb :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index