This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• aiki said:
    Well, that worked. I don't see a way to edit posts at the moment though.

It did. I found I can insert images from Flickr but not photos held on my computer because of the 64kb size limit.

Aiki, if you hover the mouse pointer to the top right of your post you get a little drop down menu which gives the option to edit. Why they have to make it so obscure is beyond me.

I had to clear cookies and then log in again to get the Home Page up.  Is there another upgrade scheduled for August? Really looking forward to that.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Aha. Thank you, TJ. Very cunningly hidden!

• Is there a info page somewhere which summarises the changes that have been made INTENTIONALLY so we can see what is supposed to be happening and what is a BUG?

I have had to sign in both times the site was taken away - should the auto sign in work from now on?

I now have to untick the 'Email if there are replies to post' EVERY time I post!  Is it possible to change this default?

How do I stop the notifications when people add posts to the thread???

The 64kb image limit is HORRENDOUS - after a screen shot I have to keep explicitly resizing the image and having lowered the resolution the images are now too indistinct!

This is all very disappointing and I fear the Community pages are currently "not fit for purpose" which I find very sad as a keen RSPB supporter and volunteer.

• BLIMEY!!!!!   I have got my Good Egg badge back when I hover over my avatar.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• I don't know why the RSPB had to change the way this site works. It's simply now so complicated. And just to think when I first joined this community it was so simple to use.

Regards,

Ian.

• I am DISMAYED.

(1) The "last page" link at the bottom of posts has been changed to "next page" - inexplicable, as the next page is there in the page numbers already :-/

(2) The site it so sloooowww that I've lost my rag by the time I get to rich formatting box - was forewarned about picture size limit (WE'RE POSTING SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR OWN CAMS, RSPB!!!) but couldn't post a link from Photobucket, having taken the extra time to do upload my pics.

(3) Can't see how to embed a video, and straight YouTube URLs seem to multiply themselves like rabbits :o

Does anyone at HQ realise that we keep a running summary of events on nests, with comments, pictures and videos?

IMAGICAT

• And whose bright idea was it to plague us with, and use precious resources on, irritating, superfluous popup notifications?!

IMAGICAT

• patily said:

I am wondering how on earth we post pictures, please.

When I use "Use rich formatting" and then click on the appropriate icon I just get "Insert image" and nothing else The browse box doesn't even appear

I am SOOOOOO disappointed as I use this forum to distract me from health problems and now its just adding to my stress  Not sure that I can continue to use it unless things improve

All that applies to me too, PATILY, though I know my health problems are nothing compared to yours :'(

I've installed a batch photo resizer and resized the pics on my hard drive but still can't upload the last 2 days' pics (duff "insert image" icon), and I've no idea how to post from Photobucket (does the 64kb limit still apply to photos hosted elsewhere?).

Isn't there a How To anywhere?  Surely no-one would make such major changes without creating one?  Surely not!

IMAGICAT

• Well I am just completely lost.  Just thought I'd have a go and see if I could upload some photos onto a new thread and just haven't got a clue.   I don't have a Flicker account and I don't particularly want to create one just so's I can post photos on here.  I know change is necessary sometimes, but I'm afraid if something isn't done to help the less technically minded amongst us, then I won't be able to join in very much in future which is a shame, as I have enjoyed the months I have spent on here so far.  

See my Flickr photos here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115745582@N04/

• I have managed to post using the Quote option but when I tried to amend it, first I received this message

When I tried again, this was displayed and nothing else!!!

I do appreciate that when response times are this SLOW, it will cause errors to occur so sorting out the SLOWNESS of the site has to be the PRIORITY!!!