'Hovering' osprey

Went to the Loch of the Lowes in May to see my first ever osprey! Couldn't believe my luck when the male (no rings) flew across the loch towards the hide and hovered just above! I dropped to my knees to get the right angle and snapped before he flew off!

Parents
  • Thanks for your comments!

Tish, this is a male that has been breeding at Loch of the Lowes each year since 1994! I got it the wrong way round actually, it's the female that it unringed (he has rings) and she has been nesting at the Loch of the Lowes since 1991! I had been watching them since their arrival on the webcam in March so it was good to see them 'in person'! I would definitely recommend this reserve to see these opreys! Great views as you can see!! :-)

"All weeds are flowers, once you get to know them" (Eeyore)

My photos on Flickr

Comment
  • Thanks for your comments!

Tish, this is a male that has been breeding at Loch of the Lowes each year since 1994! I got it the wrong way round actually, it's the female that it unringed (he has rings) and she has been nesting at the Loch of the Lowes since 1991! I had been watching them since their arrival on the webcam in March so it was good to see them 'in person'! I would definitely recommend this reserve to see these opreys! Great views as you can see!! :-)

"All weeds are flowers, once you get to know them" (Eeyore)

My photos on Flickr

Children
No Data