Great Tit nest to let!!!

This is a wooden box which houses all the electrics for our pond pump.The lid hadn't been put on properly some time ago and you can just make out a little gap at the top each side. A pair of Great Tits found this and built their nest inside. The noise from the chicks in this box has been amazing!! But today it's quiet, so I guessed that they had fledged and took a peak inside............JUST LOOK!!!!

Isn't that just beautiful!! It must be over 8 inches deep with grasses and stems and topped with a mixture of moss and the insides of my dogs fluffly toys!! There was one dead chick inside, but what a picture of comfy bliss!! Do I leave this nest as it is in case it's needed again??

2 other nests fledged on Sunday in the garden, both were Blue Tit nests, one of which was a camera nestbox linked up to a tv in my kitchen. I never did get an accurate count of the chicks as there were sooooooo many!! They were always on top of one another......I do know that there were at least 9.The silence was deafening in my kitchen when they left. But of all the days to go, why Sunday??? We had rain, hail, gales, thunder and lightning and all I could think of was the fact that 3 weeks ago they had just been eggs!! now they were facing the full force of nature.........I REALLY did worry about them!!

• Well THAT didn't stay empty for long!!! it was only vacated at the beginning of the week and Great Tits are in it again!! (Could they possibly be the first lot come back for a second brood......or is that too soon???)

• It could very well be the same pair setting up for a second brood.

Please keep us posted on there progress.

Oh I like the CRANE idea lol  real good!! lol

Cheers

AL