Peregrine Falcon, Orange NSW - 2022/23

Diamond & Xavier have THREE EGGS - laid between 26th and 28th August.  Hatching expected to start from 01 October onwards.

New website for Cilla's info.

YT Channel for FOUR live cams.

IMAGICAT

• Hopefully little one managed to nibble a few morsels.

• 02 October

Little eyas got some bites but not a lot, as far as I could see - here are bits from the whole day:

03 September

Xavier "always" pops in something after 5 in the mornings - this time he brought a small prey portion but it wasn't req'd so he left with it:

Some of the breakfast feed, which went quite well:

Eggs intact, apparently:

Some more bites later:

IMAGICAT

• Snippet - eyas got kicked out - not shown is that it did find its way back very soon:

04 October

Unwanted early breakfast again:

IMAGICAT

• 04 October

Eyas had a small early breakfast, then Diamond spent some time beak-clacking and shuffling around and around on the eyas and eggs, I thought she surely must feel a hatch coming on - but it doesn't look like it:

I'm beginning to wonder if Diamond has mental health problems!  But eyas has had bites this morning Blush

IMAGICAT

• So sad to see little one trying it's best Doh!!!

• I fear for that poor little chick if this type of feeding carries on, strange too that only one hatch out of three ... again! Do we know how old Diamond is?, I have lost track!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• SunnyKate2 said:
    So sad to see little one trying it's best
    WendyBartter said:
    I fear for that poor little chick if this type of feeding carries on, strange too that only one hatch out of three ... again! Do we know how old Diamond is?, I have lost track!

I don't think we know how old Diamond is, I've been thinking about that too.  Xavier gives me a "young" impression, but who knows?

I've just checked YT Chat but am too late to view most of the daytime stuff.  From what I can gather, there's no anxiety about the eyas's feeding status, so maybe my negativity is colouring my clip choices!  They would be surprised if there's a further hatch now, but we never know.

And in a positive frame of mind Cilla is allowing us to vote for 3 names.  Click on the News picture/link and follow thru from there.  I cannot give you a direct link because she has asked us not to link it, so that we must familiarise ourselves with the new website. I got there easily enough via peering a lot, so you should manage Smile 

Here was supper (an improvement) and bedtime:

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    I don't think we know how old Diamond is, I've been thinking about that too.  Xavier gives me a "young" impression, but who knows?

In the description under the video : "The parents' names are Diamond (female) and Xavier (smaller male). Diamond took over from the older Swift in 2015 and Xavier replaced Bula in 2016 (who in turn replaced our first male, Beau, in 2015). So Diamond is at least nine years old and Xavier eight. "

• Bart molenaar said:
    Diamond took over from the older Swift in 2015 and Xavier replaced Bula in 2016 (who in turn replaced our first male, Beau, in 2015)

According to the RSPB: "Less than a third of peregrines reach breeding age. Those that do can expect to live 5-6 years. The oldest known peregrine was more than 16 years old" so our couple is doing quite well!

I don't remember Bula very well, he was a short-lived partner.  When Beau disappeared I think there were eyases - certainly eggs - and Xavier took over their care like a hero - Xavier/Saviour Blue heart

But what you reminded me of was Swift and Beau's unfortunate singleton Aspro, who used to love to lie on the ledge and one fateful day got blown off by an isolated gust, never to be seen again Disappointed relieved  I distinctly remeber posting a video on Facebook but can't find it now for the life of me Tired face 

After much searching and thinking - I must have posted Scott's - in the description he apologises for video quality, maybe I didn't do one myself because of cam probs:  (We're so lucky, there's been a huge improvement in cam quality and reliability in recent years, especially with the Box cam being installed.)

Our KATE, WENDY, CLARE & LIMPY (they come as a pair) and other long-term followers all have better memories than mine.

IMAGICAT

• It would appear Pip was seen (edit 10.40 UK still not hatched.Pip seen again.)

Change over earlier

Think can just see pipping , on egg at back

Pip 10.40ish uk...19.50 ish cam time