Swan found with sock on head in 'mindless prank'

Swan found with sock on head in 'mindless prank'

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-56995224

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• What on earth can you do with people like this Mike, no doubt there would be plenty of suggestions but I'm not sure we would want public executions or public flogging back on the agenda, maybe the ducking stool in this case :)

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to Seaman:

sorry for hi jacking thread,but another mindless act..

www.bbc.co.uk/.../uk-england-leicestershire-57029705

• There are some pretty despicable people on the loose out there!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to SunnyKate2:

SunnyK, don't be sorry the more publicity these crimes get the more the public get to hear of them the more chance there is of the criminals getting court. It is unfortunate but in our birding area, N.Yorkshire, such crimes are becoming commonplace

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to Seaman:

Wendy S said:
    What on earth can you do with people like this Mike, no doubt there would be plenty of suggestions but I'm not sure we would want public executions or public flogging back on the agenda, maybe the ducking stool in this case :)

A ducking stool, did put a smile on my face, I'll put my cygnature to that one.

I daren't type my thoughts, I'd be locked up!

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to SunnyKate2:

SunnyKate2 said:

sorry for hi jacking thread,but another mindless act..

www.bbc.co.uk/.../uk-england-leicestershire-57029705

No apology required, it is of the same sad calibre.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• I often feel the big problem is most folk are townies, urban and have no real connection with nature, and because it doesn't happen in their back garden, and I mean literally in their back garden, not metaphorically, they are blasé to the problem.

Then, on top of that, you've got those who think it is fun to do these things, either as fun, boredom or drunken behaviour.

And I'm not forgetting those who do it as a profession, game keepers and the like, so the rich can enjoy their posh poultry.....

Many police forces have had their budgets so severely slashed over the decades, and all political parties are guilty of the budget slashing, any rural crime officers are often tasked to support other crimes, which because people are affected, get higher priority.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

Mike, I'm not sure those who live in or near the countryside always understand the workings of the countryside. A large part of my working life was spent in rural areas as is most of my leisure time and I have met some sorry cases there.

Pete

• In reply to Mike B:

Michael B said:
    Michael B said:
    I often feel the big problem is most folk are townies, urban and have no real connection with nature

!!!  You can have at least as much connection with Nature if you're a townie.  I've been a townie all my life - wherever I've lived I've had birds in the garden, even when I lived near the middle of Ipswich.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.