©FalconCamProject, CSU, Orange, NSW

FALCONCAM PROJECT WEBSITE

NEST CAM

LEDGE CAM

As announced by IAN in the 2019 thread:

First egg of the season:

IMAGICAT

• 08 November

I was going to do a vid with sound added but the sound turned out to be way out of sync on the original, one hassle too far!

Well-and-truly plucked prey!

IMAGICAT

• 10 November

Izzi is coming along so well!  Here she was having a go at Di's toes, and Di didn't like it Grin 

Come supper time, Izzi was more than ready!

IMAGICAT

• Wonderful videos, Scylla--thanks! It seems that Izzi remembers eating bird's feet when she was just a nipper and now thinks all feet, including her own and parent's, can be eaten. Really made me laugh!

Kind regards, Ann

• 12 November

Izzi had unexpected company when s/he woke up but carried on with morning exercises regardless - and the feathers are flying (from what I can see later, the feather stuck on the left of the cam is still blurring the view of the ledge):

IMAGICAT

• 13 November

Izzi grabbed (literally) breakfast and fed himself, then he got fed too, then he flapped the down out of his feathers:

IMAGICAT

• Izzi likes to look out - so far, not in such a vulnerable position as dear Aspro... or was it? who got gusted off the scrape in 2014... or what year was it?  I remember posting it on a Facebook page but can't find it in my YT Playlists.  Can't get over that loss :'( 

I've check the live cam and Izzi is currently being watched over by Di while s/he sleeps in the far left corner.

IMAGICAT

• I fell asleep mid-post so this is late.

Izzi giving us heart attacks:

This originally said that it was 02:00 and that Izzi was asleep against the far wall with Di on the ledge... but checking now, it's 17:52 and Izzi has just moved from the ledge and tucked him/herself into the far right corner.

IMAGICAT

• 15 November

Mid-morning in Australia and Izzi is getting a bit bad-tempered with dear Diamond:

IMAGICAT

• 16 November 12:20hr - TUMBLE-FLEDGE Smile Sparkling heart 

Apparently Izzi "fell" straight down.

From Chat:

Mod shines "Izzi is in a hedge, as far as we know, close to the tower."

Cilla Kinross "She (Di) went berserk when I was looking for Izzi. I was much closer than I realised the first time I looked!"

Cilla Kinross

NEWS.....Izzi had a rather ungraceful and accidental fledge at 12:20 today, but was found alive and well on a nearby roof, from which he flew with some competence to another roof before descending into a hedge. He'll probably take a few days to get to the birds' customary roost and training tree copse, where I will get photos of his progress. He will probably come back to the box once his flying skills have improved. This cam and chat will stay open all year.

IMAGICAT

• Lovely picture of Izzi today.  I think it was taken by Cilla Kinross.

IMAGICAT