Falcon Cam Project, Orange NSW 2019

We have a pair in the box

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Ian S said:
    the tab you refer to (FalvconCam Project site) with Cilla's blogs has not been working for a while.

Oh thank you, IAN.  It would be so good to have an update from them.  

Incidentally, the White-bellied Sea Eagle nest area seems to be untouched as yet.

IMAGICAT

• The nest camera seems to be working fine, but the ledge camera is still not (black screen with whirly wheel of death). I can use the scroll back slider function on the ledge camera (only to "preview" not actually to get a proper look) but it is not correct. The nest camera correctly identifies that it is c. 03.00 on 20 Jan (i.e. middle of the night Aus time) but when I go back 15 minutes or so on the ledge camera scroll back slider it looks like broad daylight, which it can't be. Ian

• Since about 21.30 (Aus time) Diamond has been perched on the stones at the back of the nest (I think it is windy which is possibly why she is not on the ledge as usual). It is still only the nest cam that is working but it is giving some excellent close-ups at the moment. Ian

• Both Ledge and Scrape are streaming on Scott's channel.

I've started downloading... don't know how long for :)

IMAGICAT

• I got about 500 download attempts for the Scrape, it's just buffering.

IMAGICAT

• Diamond spent the night on the ledge, and you'll see Xavier for a split second but unfortunately I should have allowed a couple more seconds for the fade transition.

IMAGICAT

• I thought I could hear another falcon causing a racket outside yesterday or the day before when Xavier and Diamond were both in the nest box. Could it be Pluto?
  • On 18 February the nest camera is currently showing a date of 17 February. There were earlier you tube comments that it wasn't working which seems to be the case. The ledge camera looks like it is working. Ian

• Ian S said:
    The ledge camera looks like it is working.

Yes, I'm only getting the ledge cam - I can't risk activating the nest cam because I get inundated with failed attempts.

Diamond was looking well fed:

Xavier and Diamond had a little rendezvous :-*  (I amplified the sound, it's like an echo chamber ;) )

I could see that she'd tucked herself right under the cam, no part of her could be seen on ledge cam.  Then she took up her usual position on the ledge, here she was waking up:

IMAGICAT

• Diamond continues to spend the night on the ledge.  Here she was doing her pre-bed exercises:

IMAGICAT