Selfoss Ravens 2019

I just checked! The cam is UP again this year and she is sitting already!

https://g0.ipcamlive.com/player/player.php?alias=krummi&fbclid=IwAR1EjLeoeKX8ruG__qs1kKMoKrjryFnAGqRmcm1MvPyxmlsJf71PxWNOTYQ

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• What a lovely day for a visit! I would have loved to see Odin. I didn't like how he was being jerked around by the line though, to get the final straw! :-P Did you get to hold him at all? And how old is he? Has he damaged a wing and that is why they are keeping him?

• Hi CC, have to be very careful to stay well clear of that beak, hurts a lot even with the protective gauntlet, he's a tough bird & responds to jerks on jesses bit like dog on a leash!
    He's 11 months old & not injured in any way ... was captive bred for the trade! Alex, his owner, admires the species & has long wanted one to rear, train & fly, just started on flights at the reserve & so intelligent at tricks already, has a voice & is attempting to talk!
    Didn't hold him this time, too busy being the photographer of others doing so ... all Alex's birds are very popular, most he's had for years & like old friends!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hi Wendy, yes, I can only imagine it hurts as much as an osprey beak! Did he try to stick you when you last held him---or have you never held him? Takes a lot to raise one from hatchling! They need feeding something like 3x hour and become wicked loud, following you all over the place, begging! Still, I do love them... they are so intelligent and so playful.

• Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Fuzzy-headed contentment, it seems.

• Unknown said:
    -or have you never held him?

Every picture tells a story CC ...

All the hard work was done for Alex, he got him at six weeks old, as shown here!!  Big Boy!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Aww, he's lost almost all of his pink beak part. He looks very contented there, not upset in the least. Must have been your talking to him. :-)

• Always talking to him, he's very responsive & makes eye contact especially when you've got a digestive biscuit to share, he does love a biscuit broken into pieces & thrown so he can catch it, rarely misses! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• When I checked in this morning, thought maybe there was a hatching since mom was stooping above the nest rather than wiggled in. But now she seems solidly down... Incubation is 18-21 days, I read.
    She just left the nest for a spell. No little head yet, barely can see into the cup.

• Mom just got fed.