What month would Blue tits start there 2nd brood? do think

Just wondered when this might be

• Hi Simon,   Blue Tits, like Coal, Great, Long-tailed,  only have one brood per year.    Of course, it's possible if a nest fails very early on they may start another.    Blue tits will be nest building at the moment, start laying eggs (one per day -average number 10) in May and fledge early-mid June.  

post edit:    HERE'S  a useful guide from BTO (British Trust for Ornithology) 

• O' thanks hazy it's just a bird book of mine says they have 2 broods, but didn't say when, must have got it wrong l guess.

• I guess it's not impossible, there are always exceptions to the rules when it comes to birds  !!

• hi just went to your link seems to says broods 1(2) so seems could do 2 broods was hoping incase may still stand a chance with my box if blue tit doesn't come back, thats all hazy

• Our Blue Tits are already laying eggs (camera nest box).   I suspected she had laid a few so made a point of sitting and watching from earlier this morning, where I saw her laying one.   Unfortunately I didn't make a note of when she started building the nest but it was ridiculously early and was very keen to get on with it!  

• Thats interseting molly with the blue tit l had in my cam box she kept disappeaaring for about 2 days then came back started again nesting, then slept one night in the box was great to watch her, but hasn't returned since.wondered if she had 2 nests on the go to choose from, but after seeing dark coloured feathers around the outside of the box wonder if she was scared off, l'm new to cam nest box so learning all the time. disapointed she still hasn't shown up,have waited a year has was just a bit late getting the box put up last year.

• At the end of August (2019) we had a bluetit and a goldcrest fledge. How unusual is that? In general fledging seemed to carry on here later this year. I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this?
  • Hi Simon, your 'project' sounds both fascinating & enviable ... pics please!
    I am still seeing Spadger fledglings daily in my garden, really cute with their wiggly wings asking for food!