Cornish Barn Owls 2017

*** 2017 ***

Happy New Year !!!

Welcome to our little group following the Cornish Barn Owls, hoping for a successful season in 2017.

We have a couple (female ringed) getting to know each other, no mating yet (that we have seen).

There was a visit to the barn earlier, didn't stay long, floated out stage right:

Techie note for newbies:

The barn cam is still badgering a lot and while it's not the stream is still on-off-on-off - the intermittent sound being the telltale - and there's a huge, variable lag on it.

• Lol! Both are in the box, 18:00 The young children have been outside the barn, all quiet now.

Both out 18:02 Badgered on barncam

18:30 Female was going back into the box but then got badgered on both cams. Unable to get the LS back. I'll keep trying throughout the evening.

• 20:27 LS is holding at the moment. ENS and barn.

ITM, some scaps taken earlier

15:59

16:00

16:47

16:49

17:21 Just after the voices were heard, the male came into the box

17:25

17:54

18:29

20:50 All quiet and no activity in the barn

21:23 Lost the LS for a while but on refresh I had a brief pic and saw the male on the front beam.

21:47 ENS and barn

23:40 LS has been good in the barn (I've kept the nestcam off), no further activity to report.

• Morning Sandra nest Badgered but this one waiting.06.39

• Morning Kate. The male, I think, is still there at 7:45

• Good evening, girls.  I'm having a nervous breakdown over my cams, especially Loch Garten, but I'm only telling you two the depth of my woes, and sparing you the details.

Sorry I'm not helping with our dear CBOs.

xxx

• 17:50 I've been unable to get the nestcam LS since last night, barncam is fine. Both on the tray but have since moved onto the beams in the barn. The female is making her usual rasping calls! :D

• scylla said:

I'm having a nervous breakdown over my cams

Sorry I'm not helping with our dear CBOs.

Hi Scylla. So sorry to hear of your woes, my computer is on a go-slow at the moment but your frustration must be ten-fold!

Please don't worry about our CBO's, they're in good hands x  :D

• 18:12 The female is in the box, calling very loudly, it also sounds like she is breaking up pellets! Male is still on the back beam preening.

18:22 Female left the box and has settle on the tray

18:40 She went back into the box, the male flew to the tray and then joined her

I heard the sounds of mating! He came straight back out onto the tray afterwards.

18:47 Male flew off and the female came onto the tray. Not on view at 18:51 but can hear her in the barn.

19:03 Male on the beam to the left of the box

19:08 Female calling, in the box (again), male on the back beam

19:11 Male had disappeared, she came out of the box and flew off - going to look for him, I bet! lol ;D

19:20 All quiet.

20:05 Female was 'yelling' in the box! (I must remember to turn my sound down lol!) She came back out and is now somewhere in the barn.

21:45 One preening on the back beam and then flew towards and past the cam at 21:52

23:50 No other activity. Goodnight ladies :)

• 7:48 Male is preening on the tray, female is rasping in the box. (still no nestcam LS for me)

• Sorry Sandra bit of a chaotic day/night and this morning Doh!!!

well here is nest cam for you. no one in Barn 10.27