Photo storage problem?

Good morning all, I hope this is ok? I have been in a hiatus for aaaaaages over the storming of all my photos, including my RAW files. I detest Google and Apple even more for the lack of sorting but, I have now discovered Ente! I LOVE it. This is m=not a sales pitch, it's not a scam, I downloaded this, on my phone, now have it on the Mac and everything photo-wise is slowly going in there.

It's totally secure, not open to abuse by the owners like Google etc. so, just letting those of you know, who may benefit from it. Slight smile

https://ente.io/

It'll probably be blocked anyway Laughing

• Thanks for the link Scozmos;     To be honest I use an external hard drive which has a massive 28TB which I can plug into the computer and drag my files/photos in to it.    I have looked at iCloud storage too and have the 99p per month for pc/iPhone back up and photos from iPhone, etc which seems adequate offering 50GB.     I looked at both plans for the one you mentioned and iCloud and from what I can see the pricing is cheaper with iCloud  although not gone into this too deeply with myself using an external hard drive (Western Digital).  

iCloud:  United Kingdom3 (GBP)

5GB:  free

50GB: £0.99

200GB: £2.99

2TB: £8.99

(higher data plans available). 

compared to "Ente.io/" 

5 GB.  £0/mo

50 GB.  £2.49/mo

200 GB   £4.99/mo
    2TB.  £19.99/mo

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks for the response Hazel, I agree on the pricing etc. but, iCloud and Google photos are both open to abuse by those corporations, this is p2p secure, only you and anyone you share with has access, in my mind that's important. Apparently the G company will use "our" photos. I also have two backup drives one has all my RAW files on. it, the other is my working JPGs. I now move them to Ente once I've weeded through or shared.

I've found iCloud hard work to organise (can you?) whereas this allows albums or collections and therefor variable sharing. Thumbsup

I just thought some might be interested Slight smile

• If you have Amazon Prime, unlimited photo storage is free. No idea what they do with them though...

• Thumbsup I guess I have Amazon Prime as well Thinking I think I once considered using it but I already had Google Photos. I used to use G+ as a sharing platform and loved it but they did away with it. This is probably about my own "sorting out' I guess, attempting to get them all into one place and under my control hah! Laughing

• I've found iCloud hard work to organise (can you?)

to be honest, I only use iCloud for backups generally that have photos on them from the iPhone so nothing to organise really,   haven't gone into it deeply so not sure how the organiser works.     

Regards, Hazel 

• From my short experience, there isn't one?