In a Scottish country garden

Hi all, I'd like to offer a bit of background to this thread, if I may? We moved back to central, rural Scotland from S Wales in 2022 and have been adapting to but loving the solitude and quiet that has brought but, for me, it's the wildlife, the birds. We are SO lucky to have birds visiting the garden that I'd hoped I might see here. Now I see most of them daily so, I have a "few" photos taken from my den, (wee box room) where I look out directly at an Ash tree and our feeders. 

So, I'd like to share some of those images here, I hope that works or is the way it's done?

September 1st 2024

As an example, as I typed this, I spotted a wee bird landing at the base of the tree, turned out to be a young Robin. Robins are a less frequent visitor so I was up and grabbing a few shots when an adult shot in and chased it off!! Typical. 

This morning, my mood was totally lifted by the first (as far as I know) visit of a wee flock of Long-tailed Tits AND, a couple stood still long enough to photograph! Bonus Smile

Set September off nicely. Thumbsup

I don't think I've had such clear shots before, they're usually at dawn or dusk and in a hurry!

Really pleased to get these shots, I'm sure there will be more, they come through more often as the weather changes. 

• Always love to see the cheery Long Tailed Tits,  such beautiful little birds who seem to go around in their flock chattering away to one another !    Great photos Scozmos

Regards, Hazel 

• another lovely set and always nice to see this years young.

Regards, Hazel 

• Thank you  me too, they drift around in the trees down our lane but they move so fast, it's really nice to see them stop for a few seconds anyway Laughing

• September 2nd 2024  

The past few days have been pretty bleak up here, yesterday, 2nd rained almost all day but, I prefer rain to the ever present dull grey we've been getting. I'm sure the farmer doesn't feel the same with crops waiting to be harvested. 

Anyway, the weather may be responsible for bringing quite a collection of young birds to the feeders.

I spotted a solo Starling flitting between the feeders, haven't seen them for many weeks now, apart from flying around the area in flocks.

Almost there, a young Starling losing the last of its juvenile feathers. I think they look beautiful when they're between stages.

This youngster has obviously decided the feeders are the easier source of nourishment in this weather.

Another bird in transition, a young Blackbird and this morning I noticed two of them out there.

As I've said before, I can spend most of the day sitting here watching and photographing, I'm usually editing photos and listening to music at the same time and yesterday was a perfect example due to the almost constant rain.

I looked at the tree and half sheltered under some leaves, this young Tree Sparrow looked so fed up of it all.

"Where is it all coming from?"

I did grab an unusual pair at a suet feeder yesterday, the 'peckers usually don't tolerate sharing for long.

An adult male GSW and a young Tree Sparrows grabbing some mixed suet.

So September has started wet up here in Central Scotland but, I have to say, it's a glorious morning this morning so who knows what I'll see Slight smile

• Great having 3 woodpeckers Scozmos, a bird I have never had in the garden. Nice set-up Slight smile

• Nice photo's Scozmos, I like the young blackbird.