My new macro lens, first attempts

As some will know I invested in a new macro lens last week and it arrived yesterday, so I have been scouting around the garden, like you do, for likely suspects. The lens is a Canon RF100mm IS USM f/2.8 macro, Being used with my Canon R7. So far I am very impressed with it's capabilities. I just need to improve the guy hanging on the back of the cameras capabilities a bit ... Wink. All shots were taken hand held with no flash or anything.

Two Ants ready for a scrap

An Aphid on a flower stem

Didn't know I had so many Aphids!

Zebra Jumping Spider on top of my shed door

I believe this is a Quedius Curtipennis better known as some kind of Beetle ... Wink

And another ... Well it's the same one really ... Smile

Inside a Petunia in my garden

• I was like you PB I couldn’t wait to retire, my advice is do all the things that you want to do, as the time goes so fast and keep up with exercise and stay healthy.

We all can't wait for retirement, but when it comes, you suddenly wonder where the years/decades have gone......

The best tip for retirement I had was from a former college, who retired a couple of years before me (and had the benefit of the company's introduction to retirement program, which I didn't due to Covid restrictions), was not to plan anything. If you do, you'll overplan, expect too much and become disillusioned. Plan nothing, and you'll soon look for something to do.

You'll keep active and engaged enough, Mrs PB will make sure of that.

• Sound advice  I retired a year or two ago, after we moved up here. I was still working remotely for an org. in Wales but realised I was in a position to stop AND, really wanted to spend more time walking, enjoying and taking photos. 

Time definitely flies, we didn't plan anything but, when in Wales, we'd clear off somewhere for a few days at random, we'd intended doing more of that up here but ........... there are SO many people visiting Scotland and post-Covid, prices have rocketed, just crazy so, we mostly do days out and walks fairly locally. 

I can spend days sitting here watching the birds and taking MORE photos! Laughing

• I can spend days sitting here watching the birds and taking MORE photos! Laughing

ThumbsupThumbsup I'm very guilty of that these days...... Grinning