Holiday to spain part 4

here is the final chapter in my holiday to Spain 

in the morning on Friday 15th July we got ready for the trip and then soon we left to go to mount Tede

most of the wildlife on mount tede are endemic this means birds, plants,etc and we went past lots of wild plants 

Aeonium Urbicum 

this is the Corona forest 

Here you will see the Canary island pine which is enedemic to the canary islands. so not only endemic to Tenerife but a few other islands in the canarys aswell

we made a few stops and this is one of those 

I saw 2 Tenerife lizzards on the mountain and one of them was bright Blue but we only stopped for 5 minutes which wasnt long enough 

further down 

a (non endemic species)  here is a california poppy. these can be found in the Canary islands aswell as the UK

They are native to california so were introduced and had to be controlled when they started spreading. they can be found elswhere aswell when one was found growing ontop of mount tede back then they had to remove it so  they were prevented from coloniseing the national park area. 

Fennel 

heading towards mount tedes national park you can see the peak

in this seemingly plain and dry landcape with what only looks like a bunch of shrubs is actualy alot more than that. alot of reptiles hide and the  rest of the plain looking shrubs are actualy wild flowers and if your lucky the kind only found on this mountain.

fixweed.  species Descurainia Bourgaeana

when I was looking for Wildlife I saw a crystal on the rock. 

Summit  Rose Bush Pterocephalus Iasiospermus 

another species endemic to Tenerife  

there was a load of rocks and stones forming a sort of lump but like the rest of the volcano is formed naturaly and part of the national park

I had an hour to take pictures then we went to the peak by car 

we stopped off and I passed my camara to take a picture of me between the endemic  bugloss 

then she have it back to me and I took a picture of the flowers that identified it as a different species of bugloss to the famous red bugloss 

finaly we reached the highest part that we could. we couldnt go any higher without getting a permit. 

Canary island Butterfly - only found found on Tenerife (and)  canary islands. nowhere else. truely endemic to the canary. only difference

is its not truely endemic to Tenerife cause it can be found on the other canary islands aswell. 

Truely endemic to Tenerife. the Tede Daisy Argyranthemum tenerifae 

another Endemic species Erysimum Scoparium

I went all the way up the slope in the corner next 

The good old famous endemic Red  tenerife Bugloss

that was the end of the excursion 

the next day  we went on a trip and then we went to the airport. stay tuned for the final post