Macro pic of a Campyloneura Virgula ( Juvenile)

So this is really really tiny, all I saw at the time was this tiny spec on a small Dandelion leaf, I was just out looking for stuff to snap, I was actually trying to take a pic of a Ladybird at the time so I came across this by accident. Its a nymph of a predatory ‘Miridae’ beetle ( Isn’t Google Marvellous?). I did also mange to find an adult a few evening’s later as it happens. Photos were taken last Spring.

• Highly fascinating marvellous pics & info!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Many Thanks Wendy, I have to admit that I had no idea what it was when I found it, I had to research it later . This is another great thrill of Macro photography, very often you will come across something you’ve never seen before, and there is nothing quite like the joy you feel when you see something for the first time. The pic of the adult Beetle is the one I found a few evenings later.

• I think with macro, particularly insects, taking the shot is only part of the fun, there's also editing and the satisfaction of identifying it ... Thumbsup. Great shots Coldeb.

• Many thanks BD, yep, I fully agree, I don't do much editing though, its far too complicated for me, Ipad does have a very basic editing function with slide controls so that makes little adjustments such as exposure, light and a bit of cropping much easier if needed. But as you say, there is so much more to Macro like researching what your subject is, seeing something for the first time and also seeing detail normally almost invisible to the naked eye, its why I love it so much. Its a lot trickier than I thought it was going to be, like controlling your breathing, focusing and keeping as steady as possible, it can be a bit tiring at times and now that I have MS I find I can’t photograph as much in the garden in one evening as I used to be able to, but it is still very engaging and enjoyable as well as therapeutic , I’m also looking forward to the lighter warmer evening’s ( the best time for Macro or very early mornings) . Hopefully I’ll find other things I’ve never seen before, especially as we have now moved to Telford from Hertfordshire.