Fond Farewell

I took this lovely Barn owl flying across the marshes here in Norfolk.

We have several around and always get excited when we see them hunting in the evening light. Certainly up there as one  of my favorite birds. 

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your kind comments over this past few weeks.. Certainly a first for me sharing my photography. I hope you have all enjoyed. 

I hae decided to leave the forum due to some negative comments. 

Life is tooooo short!!!?. I would like to wish you all a very fond Farewell. 

There are some lovely folks on here  and I have enjoyed our chats from the Scottish Highlands all the way down to Kent. 

Keep taking your photographs and please do keep sharing with others. 

All the very best.

Bambles

• Oh dear, I do wish you would reconsider Bambles, many of us have been enjoying your pics & posts so much, it would be a great loss to lose you now! I was sorry to read those negative comments!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    Oh dear, I do wish you would reconsider Bambles, many of us have been enjoying your pics & posts so much, it would be a great loss to lose you now! I was sorry to read those negative comments!

If you are referring to the Kite photograph, it was obviously a fake. Apart from the obvious added sky, it was three different pictures of the same Red Kite, the evidence for which was the exact same moult pattern in the "3" birds. All 3 birds were also extremely sharply in focus which would not have happened with 3 birds in the sky. If they were 3 different birds he would have left the picture up but he has taken it down as it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. If my pointing pointing out the truth is regarded as negative comments, then I'm afraid I won't be changing my ways and I have no regrets. I did ask nicely if it was a composite and he had the chance to admit it but chose not to. . 

As I said there is nothing wrong with digital art or composite photographs but there is no need to try and pull the wool over people's eyes for the sake of a few likes- its disrespectful to the Forum members.

• Nice try Bob. But 3 Birds. With the right lens and small aperture all 3 were in focus. I have a 50 mega pixel Sony A1 so cropping really, really good. All were within the depth of field of the given aperture and to 1/1200 second shutter speed freezes the motion. Albeit they fly quite slowly. I wish you well though Bob and all others that have posted. Grin
  • Sorry to see you go Bambles. I enjoyed your photos and your online company. I hope you don't leave, but if you decide to, look after yourself and stay safe ... Thumbsup

• No comment on the precise identical moult and feather damage.....

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box