Bird Photography of the Year 2023

Just seen this article..... Wow!

Bird Photography of the Year Pictures

• Wow, indeed. That photo of the peregrine going after the pelican is fantastic! I hope the pelican was all right afterwards.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Did you scroll down to the jay vs eagle?! That'll make your eye water!!
  • I scrolled all the way down. It was great to see so many seabirds! I love corvids and birds of prey as well so it was absolutely joyful going through that lot.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Dream on Cheshire Lad,  you'll never achieve it.....

Jealous, definitely, but fabulous photos.

regards

John

• They are all brilliant - might just put the camera away when 11 year olds are producing such stunning pieces

Cin J

• Please don't do it Caroline, we all love to see your pics!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Germain said:
    They are all brilliant - might just put the camera away when 11 year olds are producing such stunning pieces

wendy is right besides  your photos are very good.  Also Anyone of any  age and skill level can be a good photographer

I don’t know what devices they used but same thing when it comes to devices used  it doesn’t define how good or bad you are at photography. Or make you any more or less likely to win a competition  either.   just like when out taking photos theres all sorts of factors that make a good photo.  some of these factors are even considered in competitions before they choose any winners 

Same weather devices are old  or new too. when I had a smartphone I learned it doesn’t matter what type of phone you have its still the person behind it aswell as the camara even if a new one comes out the same thing applys. 

my sisster has one of the newer  i phones that has 2 or 3 camaras on it and my family said her photos are very good and they were very impressed. Mine is a couple of years behind hers with only one camara on it so they thought her photos would probably be sharper and better than mine. so at this point I was like I got to get one of those.  I didn’t get a new one . But I didn’t need to Though As good as I was anyway From exsperiance iv learned even more ways of approaching and going about my photography eventually to the point even my sister asked me how did you take those? what phone is yours? I said an old one. and she was looking at it like what? 

Like everyone else here your very good at taking pictures. But regardless of skill levels you could be a novice or even a top  professional  and still many years from now you will still of learned and grown a lot more than you did in previous years  since we never stop learning and growing . Keep at it 

• Unknown said:

Dream on Cheshire Lad,  you'll never achieve it.....

Jealous, definitely, but fabulous photos.

yes there definitely very good photos the kids did.  If you say you’ll never achieve it you may not do but if you have faith in yourself and keep doing what you do then you could well achieve a photo as good as that in your own way one day 

Lots of people here are very good photographers so I wouldn’t be surprised if any of them Win a Wildlife photo competition one day like the kids did  if your good at taking pictures like everyone else   that could well be you one day too if you keep it up aswell like Germain. If they can do it so can you 

• Don't Make War (that's a turtle dove having been shot on Malta).

Corpse Cliff (HPAI).
  • I don’t understand your comment. Cause no one on this thread  would make war. but no one is making war on here anyway so I’m just wondering did it just come up in your head out of nowhere or did a photo from the competition or somewhere else just remind you of it? I Don’t mean to be a pain im just curious