My Holiday in Wales part 1

When I went to home I had to help Mum and Dad take the dogs for a walk cause Thunder was likely. We went to Barnwood arboretum then we went back home and I had lunch then Got to use my mirkrless camara after for the first time I have kept It is as a Surprise  exactly what model. the Mirrorless camara is a M6 crop sensor Mirrorless camara and it’s a 15 to 45 cm lens in focal length. I practiced with it to exsperiment with it heres one of the photos I took

I used a very fast shutter speed cause it was being chased 

by another of the same species. This is a Dunnock

I took lots of pictures outside useing certain settings then 

The next day I went on holiday to Wales and It was raining but when it stopped I took photos around the cabin 

I cropped the photo cause I didnt have a long focal length 

I took photos of the wildflowers around the cabin I didn’t need to crop for most of the Wildflowers cause I just zoomed in with my canon lens or went up close mainly and it was good at focusing on very  thin grass  even with lots of other grass in the scene and  it didn’t take a long time to focus 

The cabin is on a mountain and the woods is a conifer plantation it was planted in place of the trees that were cut down during one of the world wars 

We went for a walk around the area with the dogs while I took photos. there is lots of moss and lichen that covers the trees, some foxgloves, Lots of Rosebay Willow herb it dominated lots of the vegetation but there was other Wildflowers there aswell there was birds aswell but they were heard more often than they were seen 

We also saw some Barn swallows flying down the road round the corner on the right  it never went down the road in front of the cabin and only did a circuit round there it was the only part we ran into the Barn Swallows Mum was amazed how fast they were. I took photos of them and this is when I could take complete advantage of the fast shutter speed and subject tracking and other functions on my camara entirely. The focal length wasn’t long enough so I had to crop my images but you can move the focusing square onto the subject so it stays in focus then zoom in to see what it would look like cropped then take the photo and crop it 

I went round the cabin and took pictures more than once. Later I looked at my photos. The day after we went to the visitor Centre. On the way to the visitor centre I saw lots of Orchids and lots of Butterflies most of them were ringlets 

there was lots of mole hills at the cabin 
and more ringlets 

the weather was very rain then sunny then rain and then sunny the length of time it lasted was rain lasted the longest but it was sunny after. So I had to take shelter whenever it rained and then go back out again. 

on the way back I saw 2 pollinators on the same flower 

The next day we went to the resovoir of which we can see from the cabin 

• Well done Zo. I hope you enjoyed your holiday, and getting some time with the new camera ... Thumbsup

• Thanks for sharing your holiday photos with us Zo, good luck with the new camera.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Nice set, Zo, and you had a really good go with the swallows. Looking forward to part 2.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thanks. Apology’s for the late reply Iv just seen the replys.

iv come back from going on holiday again.I went To see my Aunty in Wells in Somerset on Sunday I stayed near Romney Marsh st Mary’s bay was literally down the road and I went in the sea and then I took photos the next day I stayed until Monday and then went back to Hucclecote and just come back today. So Il be doing a holiday on for that aswell after Iv done wales.

• Billysdad said:

Well done Zo. I hope you enjoyed your holiday, and getting some time with the new camera ...

Thanks. Yes I did enjoy my holiday it does have lots of different functions for certain situations where you might need them like Servo mode where you can choose weather you want the camara to focus on a object that’s still or an object that’s moveing called AF operation.  So it has one shot AF for still objects and also Servo AF which is designed for focusing on moving subjects. You can also choose the type of shooting single shooting where you just press the shutter button or drive mode high speed continuous shooting  or low speed continuous shooting.  you can also change the hd and and frame rate for film aswell. It also has other methods for still amd moving objects aswell like tracking where the camara will focus on faces or subjects selected by touch or smooth zone AF where you focus within the designated zone and 1 point AF where you focus useing the selected AF point you can also change weather to shoot in jpeg or raw. I mainly used Servo AF and one shot AF and high speed continuous shooting it does have a lot of other settings aswell like shutter priority and things like that. 

• Lynn L said:
    Thanks for sharing your holiday photos with us Zo, good luck with the new camera.

Thats ok and thanks 

• Clare Bailey said:
    Nice set, Zo, and you had a really good go with the swallows. Looking forward to part 2.

Thanks