Another walk of the special kind

I thought I would return to this reserve as having seen two fabulous Kingfishers the last time I came I was hoping to see some more, although the weather had changed from warm lovely sunshine the last time I came to a cold and breezy day. Now as you probably know no two days are the same, but the day got off to a nice start with this lovely mute swan.

A Willow warbler I believe but always open to any corrections

Singing his heart out, calling for a mate perhaps ?

A  chaffinch

A Goldfinch

Plenty of variety, this time a blackbird.

Another chaffinch

High in the sky I spotted this Buzzard

A few Goats taking it easy

And this one looks a fine specimen

And another chaffinch singing for a mate.

This Marsh Harrier came out of nowhere and dropped in the long grass and surfaced with a lawn around its head

This Grey heron didn't want to hang around and off he flew.

Look at me

Having not seen a kingfisher all day I thought I would have a look at the small dipping pond and quietly does it crept behind a small bush and looked around it to see a kingfisher with its prize in its beak, Afternoon Tea on the menue a small fish.

This Greylag Goose with Goslings were hanging outside the next hide entrance door but as I approached decided against going in.

As I settled down in the next hide two kingfishers flew across the lake and into the tree, unfortunatley they were only there for a brief moment and off they went but all the same it was great to see them. Three Kingfishers in one day, absolutely Fabulous.

This Gadwall looks like he has had a good feed today

Canada Goose Gosling

Another Marsh Harrier ?

That's all for today, thanks for viewing and hope you like the photos