A Fabulous day at RSPB Bempton Cliffs Nature Reserve 11th May 2023

High up in the tree, was my mascot robin to greet myself and two pals.

A walk down the path from the main reception to the cliffs and some razorbills on the ledges

Some Guillemots on the top ledge

A lone Puffin and a few more were found later in the day 

Lots and Lots of Gannets were seen today

A couple of gulls enjoying the sunshine

Loads and loads of gulls too

Two more Gulls getting a suntan

Bottle nose Dolphins saying hello

Another first for me today a skylark, not a great photo but as you can see getting a focus was a bit difficult with the long grass surounding the bird.

A wheatear taken from some distance, not a great photo but the grass was long again.

Highland Cow, what a beauty

A couple of Meadow Pipits, Male and Female

A Pied wagtail looking for some food

Great to see, plenty of Seals on show today.

A gorgeous Stonechat basking in the Sunshine.

Even this Jackdaw is enjoying the sunshine.

What a day, what a Reserve, just look at that view.

No it Didn't rain but when we saw this it got us worried for a second or two. Lol

A Tree Sparrow, always nice to see.

Not seen a Gannet this close before, just look at those eyes.

A fascinating Bird the Gannet.

Spectacular Bird

Now that's a face.

A lovely Wren, No his name isn't Christopher.

A few birds here, anybody want to count them ??????????

Wild Flowers.

A gull in flight, just look at that blue sky

A few more birds to count, any volunteers ???????

The sun was shining into the camera, I should have taken it from a different side.

Another gorgeous stonechat.

A fabulous Sight. 

Well that's all for today, I hope you liked the photos as much as I did taking them.

• Wonderful set from a wonderful place ILR. Me and Mrs PB have only been the once but were blessed with similar weather to you. Were the swallows nesting at the visitor centre yet?

Thanks for sharing your brilliant day Grin
  • Looks a fantastic day out ILR. Amazing to see the Dolphins and plenty of Seals, not to forgetting the Puffin Smiley 

I have only seen Dolphins once and as far as I recall never seen a Wheatear.

We have enjoyed a few visits to Bempton Cliffs, always plenty to see, 

• It looks an absolute super place to visit ILR especially on a sunny day like you did and to have seen dolphins aswell!! You got the Gannet shot I really wanted!!! So many different species and fabulous pics....not to mention yet another 1st!! Grrr
    It's added to my list of places to visit
    Thanks sooo much for sharing...you must be chuffed to bits with that day out eh? ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks PB in answer to your Question I don’t know they did ? If I go again which is probably likely I shall ask the question. Yes it was a fabulous day I had never seen a dolphin or a skylark before so that was great on its own. The puffins were few and you had to scan the cliffs to find them but find them we did. The gannets were fabulous and I could go on and on it’s an amazing place. Pleased you liked the photos PB
  • Thanks SM it’s just a fabulous place to visit so much wildlife to see, it was my first time to see the dolphins and the skylark which was great In itself. The puffins were few and you really had to scan the cliffs to see them but the photo you have seen was the best one of the few that we saw. Yes it was a great day and the weather was sunny and warm.
  • Thanks Linda that day will stick in my memory for the rest of my life for sure. I was hoping to see a skylark and I was scanning the fields with the binoculars and at first I thought it was a meadow pipit until I downloaded it on the PC. Hence the ID confirmation.
    I had never seen a dolphin before either and that was fabulous to see amongst everything else. The weather couldn’t have been better sunny with blue sky, can’t wait to go again.
  • Love the stonechat nice and colourful and the tree sparrow is cute
  • Looks like you had a lovely day ILR
    Really wetted my appetite for a visit I am planning in a couple of weeks, especially as more than half of the birds & mammals you saw would be lifers for me!

Regards

Benji

• Glad you liked them June, thank you for replying
  • Thanks Benji yes it was a great day, so much to see, can’t wait to see your collection of photos after you have visited. Have a great day.