Hucclecote and a visit to a neighbour and the field today this spring Saturday 8th April 2023

Buzzy garden and trip to the Liberty Orchard

Mining Bee (solitary Bee family) 

Crab spider 

Hoverfly

Another fly but not a hoverfly

This is how small it is. These fellas are hard to see until they land but they hover 

and when they finally land it helps to take a close up 

Robin 

And this time- not carder and not tree bumblebee but tawny mining bee (another bee from the - solitary bee, family, ) 

Now we do have a Bumblebee and a very small species at that 

next we go to the orchard 

Honey bee pollinating 

An insect feeding on nector and pollen 

then later I see a 16 spot ladybeetle on a grass stem

wolf spiders were also out and enjoying the sun too the spider wasn’t interested even in close proximity to the ladybeetle 

there was a couple of the spiders and ladybeetles so they were bound to run into each other often 

When the ladybeetle came down it went into the spider and 

felt it then nipped which gave the spider a fright the spider tryed to avoid the ladybeetle but the  ladybeetle kept following it and pestering it and  circling it which made the spider cautious wary and uncomfortable and constantly looking around looking for an opening to get away then the ladybeetle kept trying to give it a nip so the spider ran  off 

I definitely wouldn’t say the ladybeetle got along with the spider since the spiders were just batheing or running across the ground hunting things and ignored the ladybeetles until they noticed him or her whils minding there own business but other than that there was definitely a lot of 16 spot ladybeetles. I didnt get a photo of all of them. 
but here’s one through my magnifying glass 

we went back to Hucclecote and visited a neighbours garden for Mum to look after her dog for abit for her 

Another Bumblebee today there was a couple 

buzzing around and pollinating the flower 

after the visit I went back in and Mum let me take photos out the garden I usually take photos in outside the house 

a species of hoverfly called the sun fly 

it was on the windowsill outside as I went in 

Leafhopper 

I went in and had tea and watched the rest of grasslands David Attenborough. Then after that The sun started going down 
snd I left