Beetles share your photos here. 2023

we have a thread for insects and lady beetles but not beetles in general and there’s lots of different types of beetles and they all play an important role in the ecosystem too so I thought I’d make a thread about beetles where people can share photos of any type of beetles they get this year if they have any 

I saw my first beetle of the year today 

• I hope everyone enjoys sharing there photos of the different types of Beetles they see on this thread
  • The larvae are the ones that cause probloms not the adults.  and The adults usually Come out during warmer months when pollen is available and can be found on windows trying to get outside

• Adults visit flowers to feed on pollen and nectar

• I opened the window so one of them could go out. There was only one left and it was still there this morning so I took a photo

• Then cause I had some slate I put it up against the wall since it fell off the wall and kept trying to climb up again then when it crawled on I went outside and walked up to my border to put it in

and he or she had crawled off when I looked at the front and the back I looked on side and everything after aswell and he or she definitely crawled off 

• Now the adult varied carpet beetle can look for mates or mate with other beetles (outside) and not just mate but also feed on  nectar and pollen and pollinate flowers like they were born to do as adults aswell

• 2nd April 2023 

pollen beetle 

A different species of beetle 

• Monday 3rd April 2023

in the garden 

Pollen Beetle

2 pollen beetles mateing

- so possibly male and female