On my travels Month February

St Aidans nature reserve

Whitby North Yorkshire

Back at St Aidans

Anglers Country Park, Wakefield West Yorkshire

Thats all for today

• That is a good idea putting your visits from your reserves all on one page to share from last month. Iv been doing something similar to that but not reserves mainly more things out my window where I been locally or where iv been going very often and keeping my links in the post all in one place so that it’s easyer to find and there all in one place but also including photos. and sending ones as part of the forum aswell.

I think the photos from the reserves youv taken is very good and that’s a lot of birds. I saw a kestrel on the way one of the AONB sites I have in Stroud but I didn’t manage to get a photo of it. Its cooll you mananged to get a photo when you saw one
  • Thanks Germain, when i first posted some of the photos didn't post properly so I had to edit it. So I don't know if you saw the finished version. ?
  • Just for clarification cause I’m abit comfused did you mean to put Germain or me?
    And if you are talking to me do you mean the non edited version?
  • Thanks Zo, I took quite a few photos in February and I shall put a few on at a time otherwise I would be up until silly oclock. Lol. Shame you didn't get a photo of the kestrel that you saw, maybe next time, I shall keep my fingers crossed for you.
  • Hi Zo It was germain I just replied to her like, and wondered if she had seen the post after I had edited it. I have replied to your post too.
  • Ok. thanks for the clarification
  • Oh Wendy will be delighted to see you got a pic or 2 of a Kestrel for her ;-)

Well it's nice to see you've no just been sitting about during your time away from the forum lol

Always delighted to see Deer and their rear !

Lovely wee set ILR...keep adding  so we can keep enjoying ;-)

Thanks for sharing ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• i love robins said:
    Thanks Zo, I took quite a few photos in February and I shall put a few on at a time otherwise I would be up until silly oclock. Lol. Shame you didn't get a photo of the kestrel that you saw, maybe next time, I shall keep my fingers crossed for you.

thats ok and Thanks for the reply.  that might be a good idea otherwise you could be. Yes that is quiet funny.

Thanks. Yes fingers crossed. hopefully I get a photo if I see one again next time I don’t ever know though. Kestrels are in decline in my area so there less common than they used to be the Buzzard and Red kite are more common in my area now but there is a few places in the Cotswold hills where you can see them hovering if your lucky. iv seen Buzzards More often  I only ever see Kestrels every now and again usually only by chance. Last time it was on the way to one of those hills not far from it. And have only seen one there once.  So yes definitely fingers crossed for next time 

• Looks like a good day out. Love the kestrels.