• Welcome. That is a very good photo of the mute swans

The swan is got very used to me visiting so would come up close with there young and let there young come right up to us while in the water.  Exspecting food rather than displaying any signs of feeling threatened or territorial.  People come here alot aswell so are very used to people and come up for some food at the first sight of people.  I used to feed them duck and swan food when I visited and took photos of them. They  learned I  arnt a threat cause they knew why I was there. Either take pictures or feed them.  So I was able to get close up photos of the cygnets without any problems and it was very calm and relaxing even just watching them swim along the canal together  aswell. 

swans try not to loose there cygnets and don’t let them leave there side and leave home until they become juveniles almost adults and start to grow there adult plummage and are ready to leave there parents 

• Thats cooll. You managed to get all 6 in this time
  • My local pair of breeding swans, who had seven cygnets last year, have been less successful this year, having only raised two young uns.

They have walked them back to the pond they took the seven to last year and have already dispatched the six that were still hanging about to go find a mate of their own elsewhere.