Opinion on these photos

I have only been on here for about a month, and I figured the best place to show them would be on a forum with other bird nerds. Anyway, here are some photos from 2021 to 2023, and I was hoping everyone could rate each one out of 10. Thanks!

• Welcome to the forum Rishaan if I have yet already said so
    10/10 for working out how to upload your photos....we are always happy to see others photos on here ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• If you honestly want an opinion, the only thing I would say was don't crop them so much
    Otherwise they are all cracking photos

Regards

Benji

• Hi Rishaan, a nice variety of images.  I like how you caught the light in the Robin's eye, a nice expressive photo. It's lovely to see how you captured the magpie walking, he's missing the tip of his tail though. Well done, I find it a challenge to take photos of birds, by the time I've got myself organised and think 'this is the shot' of the course the bird's gone! Keep taking photos.

• First a warm welcome from a currently, (at it seems to be never ending) damp and dismal West Midlands.

The photos are clear and good, with only one thing I would suggest, as already Benji has, don't crop so close, keep some background.

If you've not come across the photography phrase 'Rule Of Thirds', it might be worth checking out, otherwise, keep snapping away and sharing. Click HERE for the Wikipedia page on the Rule Of Thirds, or use the following link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds

You seem to have mastered the art of inserting photos, but if it was fraught with frustration, then copy the following steps for future reference.

First, you need to select "Use rich formatting" located at the bottom right of the textbox.

Using the tabs at the top

1. Select "Insert"
    2. Select "Insert image/video/file"
    3. Where it says "From" select the source, "Web (URL)/File upload/Community search"
    4. If you use "Web (URL)", then all you need to do is insert the link
    5. If you choose "File upload" then upload a file from your device or computer in the normal way by selecting the computer/device drive, folders and file.
      1. NOTE: If you are uploading a photo, you can change the image pixels at this point before the final upload.
    6. If you choose "Community search" using the search tool, search for the relevant posting.
    7. When you've made your selection, select "OK" to post/upload, or if you've selected the wrong file/link etc, then select "Cancel"
    8. To select the next file or link, start the above process again and for subsequent uploads.

As far a giving marks out of ten, you'll find here we appreciate not everyone is a star photographer, not all have an all singing all dancing big camera, and we enjoy the moments others have enjoyed.

• Hi Rishaan. I agree with the others. You just need a bit more space around the birds. They are cropped very tight, and a couple have lost part of the subject. Otherwise they are very good - nicely in focus with a catchlight in the eye where possible. What kind of camera are you using?