Nature Photography. December.

First off  I woke up this morning with a big Bird shadow 

Then I come downstairs and the whole garden is covered in frost 

Its a very frosty Morning today. The sun is out and the sky is blue at the same time  and yet it still hasn’t melted all morning which gave some opportunities for some photos so later I went outside

The leafs are covered in frost 

My bird Bath froze so the leafs froze aswell

Some were underneath the ice and the frozen leafs made the patterns from the leaf 

I heard some bird calls but havnt seen any birds yet but cause of the dry ground and frost which Can make forageing  diffucult  Iv put some suet pellets out  the suet pellets also have  mealworms in them aswell since  insects and worms will be hard to find. Insects and worms are protein. So mealworms are protein. and the suet is fat so it’s got both to help the birds  build up there fat reserves to keep warm cause of the frost 

At 1:oclock This afternoon before the frost started melting I went out ant took more photos and for bird activity I saw a Woodpigeon and some Starlings there was a Robin near by but it didn’t show itself. II saw a flock of Goldfinch bounceing between the tree in the car park and the Hornbeam tree in the Garden 

The day after it wasn’t as frosty but today Saturday 10th December it has gone very frosty. This morning there was white across the wall. The grass and the roofs, my wildflowers And just about everywhere but at the same time it was sunny and the sky was blue. Birds have been calling a lot this morning mainly Robin,  Goldinch and Starlings and The tit family But also carrion Crow and magpies. 

I couldn’t get a picture of all of them and Some photos are birds some arnt but Here’s some photos iv taken 

The ice crystals close up

• sometimes the Blue Tit and great Tit and Robin check my bird table out cause I put bird food like mealworm suet pellets or other mealworm suet there. and doing so means when ones on the feeder the other can go with the bird table but they couldn’t do that this time so there focus was specifically on the fat ball feeder. the great tit had a quick look but i think they have eaten them all otherwise they would also keep visiting the bird table as usual. At this time of year long Tailed tits join tit flocks to increase there chances of finding food but there was only one here.and even though they do visit feeders in gardens  I havnt seen one in the garden before. And interestingly Usually when a bird visits the garden that hasn’t been there before or doesn’t visit frequently the birds arnt as tolerable of them but when a bird visits frequently they tolerate them more and are more polite and willing to share. That’s what Iv found with the birds in my  garden. They seemed very eager cause they didn’t stay for very long today

• Christmas Day 25th December 2022 9:32 am