An unexpected day unfolded

Having set off in the car down the motorway and after only two junctions the traffic notice board read slow down queueing traffic, as I approached the third junction I could see in the distance brake lights ahead, change of destination was the order of the day so I came off at the third junction and i was on my way to St Aidans Nature Reserve which turned out to be a good choice on the day. On arriving I headed down towards the hill path and within minutes there was a Kestrel hovering above me.

A few yards further a Red Kite appeared high above 

I wandered further along the path and a stonechat was posed waiting for someone to take its photo

I made my way up to Astley lake and there was around eight birders grouped together, I asked a chap what had been seen a bittern in the reeds but it 

has disappeared now, will i ever see one ? Then a chap with a scope got really excited and said out loud its coming our way, It was an Osprey, Wow

After coming down from cloud 10 I wandered a bit further and something caught my eye a Great White Egret

I carried on around the perimeter of the site and a magpie was perched on a gate

I came to another path between two of the lakes which is divided by the path and saw one of those magnificent men in there flying machines

There were a lot of herons on the site I don't think I have ever seen as many 

Part 2 to be continued