Gloucester and Sharpness Canal today in Autumn

Gloucester and Sharpness Canal

Cause I’m not far from Gloucester and Sharpness Canal I get lots of gulls 

Flying around locally sometimes. as for the canal there’s lots of differant ways of getting there 

but this part is one of the quickest cause it’s not far.   

The local non Breeding Black headed gulls at the  canal 

This particular black headed gull opened and closed its mouth repeatedly but didn’t make any sound when it was doing it 

Local Swans. There was 2 Juvenile Mute Swans  and this is one of the young ones 

Mallards 

Black headed gull flying 

Mallard when it flew off 

Black headed gull perched on the side 

• There was lots of birds today. Usually people come and feed them. Theres duck and swan food in the shops locally which is healthier than bread but most if not all people feed them bread at the canal here. I find you can still enjoy watching the ducks and gulls and get good photos without feeding them. Once I filmed a black headed gull dive in the water then come up to the surface looking proud of himself Another thing I see the gulls do is drop leafs in the water then dive  after it 
    And they seem to find it entertaining cause they do it repeatedly. They also manage to catch things like fish  under the water occasionally if there lucky at that point they will fly off with it so that the other gulls don’t get it and today while I watching the birds I heard a sound and surpriseingly it actualy came from the swan. It decided to almost stand and then it stretched its wings right out. The sound was enough to get Most peoples attention when I was there when it did it.