Great Spotted woodpecker

Grey Wagtail

Great Spotted Woodpecker

Tufted Duck

Squirrel

Great Tit

Red Kite

Mallards

That's them all for today, and thanks for viewing.

• Thank goodness your getting out ILR...am climbing the walls...been stuck in fae Sunday with this hellish weather...lovely to see GSW...not seen my Ringo in a while..Red kites are following you lol...certainly plenty variety today...thanks for sharing...I pray for a lull in the weather tomorrow ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks Linda I went out again in the morning and got back for around 3.30 pm It was nice to see the Great spotted woodpecker and the grey wagtail and the Red Kites greeted us again, The weather was dull most of the time but the sun did get out for a while, We had a lot of rain yesterday It looks like sunshine and showers tomorrow.
    I hope its better for you tomorrow
  • A good mix ILR. I like the Grey Wagtail, but I find them tricky to photograph. Either because they won't stand still, or are often on shady river banks :)
  • Thanks SnappyMac use a 250 to 400 shutter speed to photograph the wagtails it usually works for me
  • Another fabulous set of photos, and I love the grey waggies....

• Thank You Mike, Yes I love the grey waggles too. Glad you liked the photos
    How is your leg ?
  • Lovely photos and good to see the Red Kite again; Mr Woodpecker looked pristine in his new winter plumage, Every time I see a grey wagtail I keep thinking about "Wilma" from our last garden, however, we have a few here on the residential parkland.

Regards, Hazel 

• Thank you Hazel glad you liked them, I agree with you with regards the woodpeckers plumage it did look pristine and made for a nice photo. Was the memory of Wilma a good memory or a sad one ? I love grey wagtails and yellow wagtails although I can only remember ever seeing one yellow wagtail.
  • i love robins said:
    Was the memory of Wilma a good memory or a sad one ?

I guess mixed feelings but she'd now be an old lady so probably no longer around anyway;    we are lucky to have a lot of wildlife that we can see from our apartment and also on the parkland around us but your own gardens are always that bit extra special and I still have memories of a GSWoodpecker by my feet,  Dinky the Wren on my lap along with the blue tits and great tits flying up on to the sun lounger for the mealies and a Jay that came down from the gutter to land on the patio table to grab some mealies whilst I was sitting at the table.  LOL.  so many unbelievable encounters with the birds during their breeding season especially when the garden birds were so much bolder in their search for the food to offer their chicks;   I don't think I would ever experience those close encounters again ever but the memories will never leave ;)  !!       In the wintertime I could call the Long tailed tits down each morning and they would come right in front of me as I was placing pieces of raw pastry on the twigs - so close as they couldn't wait to tuck in to the cheese pastry.  LOL.     wonderful stuff and guess the encounters I miss the most. 

Regards, Hazel 

• That’s a lovely story Hazel and so many close encounters with your garden birds and so many happy memories. Thank you so much for sharing your memories with us.