Photo's taken on holiday while based in Perth, Scotland.

Scone Palace

Goldcrest:

Greenfinch:

RSPB Loch Garten

Siskin:

Red Squirrel:

Coal Tit:

Treecreeper:

Crested Tit:

Quarrymill Woodland Walk

Shield Bug:

Carrion Crow:

Blair Castle

Robin:

Little Grebe:

Coot - With an apple

Goldeneye ?

Mallard - Eating an Apple:

Not sure ?

Robin:

Wren:

Grey Wagtail:

RSPB Loch Leven

Mute Swan:

Curlew:

Juvenile Moorhen:

Tufted Duck:

Dunkeld

Rabbit:

Glamis Castle

Red Admiral:

Buff-tailed Bumblebee ?:

Loch of the Lowes, Dunkeld

Great Crested Grebe:

Goosander:

Roe Deer ?

Doune Castle

Grey Heron:

• Sorry for this Mike B, I may be making you jealous now!! It's lovely to hear all the compliments about Scotland, my home.
    Here's the possible envious bit - I live just a 20min or so drive from Perth Blush. And I have also visited Kingussie, and it's beautiful up there.
    Sorry, don't mean to Bragg!! Is all forgiven? ;-)
  • Booked a cottage about 10 miles south of Oban, overlooking the water, so hopefully handy for boats to the isles, and various castles and stuff. Really looking forward to it already lol
  • Thanks Mike. It seems we drove past Kingussie on the A9, while visiting RSPB Loch Garten from Perth :)

Checking through my Bee photos I didn't get any of the best angle to identify them. A White-tailed Worker is very similar to a Buff Worker or Buff Male. Some good comparisons pictures on here: www.bumblebeeconservation.org/.../
  • Thanks for sharing your holiday snaps Snapmac from you visit to Scotland, my homeland also, up at the very top in Caithness, another beautiful county with lots to see and do. Have visited Loch Garten twice but not lucky enough to see the wee crestie, did see the beautiful lady heself though, EJ the Osprey.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Tigerss said:
    Sorry for this Mike B, I may be making you jealous now!! It's lovely to hear all the compliments about Scotland, my home.

Here's the possible envious bit - I live just a 20min or so drive from Perth . And I have also visited Kingussie, and it's beautiful up there.
    Sorry, don't mean to Bragg!! Is all forgiven? ;-)

Jealous: YES  Heavy check mark

Forgiven: YES Heavy check mark

But very justifiable bragging rights, and something I would endorse, so long as you keep sharing those fabulous photos.

Kingussie is a lovely place so is Newtonmore just three miles down the road.

• PimperneBloke said:
    Booked a cottage about 10 miles south of Oban, overlooking the water, so hopefully handy for boats to the isles, and various castles and stuff. Really looking forward to it already lol

I might have guessed someone would have to rub it in!

Seriously, all jokes aside, you will love it PB. I've not been to that side of Scotland, but the photos I've seen, it's like another world.

I don't know if you know the film "Ring Of Bright Water", where a city banker in the late 60's befriends an otter he sees in London a pet shop. He has to leave his job in London and move to Scotland where he feels its best to keep his otter rather than in his London pad....

There are quite a few references to Gavin Maxwell, the author of the book (apologies for the link to follow being an online retailer) 'Ring Of Bright Water' around the North West of Scotland, a place I want to visit, particularly around Mallaig and Sandaig.

I have somewhere a list of filming locations which I'd happily share if you or anyone wants to know.

So if you see lots of references to Gavin Maxwell, now you know why.

You'll love it, and I'm already jealous and the only way you'll be forgiven, I'll set you an easy task, lots of photos and a holiday report, to make us all jealous.

• i love robins said:
    Can you fit me in your suitcase PB

And me, oh, and I'd better include Mrs PR, she'd never forgive me if I didn't

• SnappyMac said:
    Thanks Mike. It seems we drove past Kingussie on the A9, while visiting RSPB Loch Garten from Perth :)

Checking through my Bee photos I didn't get any of the best angle to identify them. A White-tailed Worker is very similar to a Buff Worker or Buff Male. Some good comparisons pictures on here: www.bumblebeeconservation.org/.../

You're welcome.

Bee identification can be fraught with challenges because there are so many variations.

Yes, it can be very easy to drive past Kingussie without realising it, even though it is so close to the A9, which is the backbone of the North East of Scotland's transport infrastructure. Even the main railway line pretty much runs alongside the A9.

• Great collection there Snappy. Like others, I have never seen a Crested  Tit either. On my last visit to Scotland, all I saw plenty of was mist  and rain. I couldn't even see Ben Nevis from the foot of it!  If you can book a sunny week next time you go, get a larger suitcase and squeeze me in with the others ... Smile