Night sky Nature photography

12 September 2022 19:41 pm

27 September 2022 7:35 

Jupiter 

• A website I use a lot is: Heavens Above, the interstellar info, not just around our solar system but also rockets, satellites and others is brilliant.

https://www.heavens-above.com/

• Ok. Thanks. Im sure it’s Jupiter. I know which direction is west and east cause I have kept track of the sun rises and sun sets useing both magnetic north and true north. And noteing down the times the sun is in the west and what time it is where during the day every month observing it. I used the same thing for Jupiter aswell. I saw it around the same season last year and it tends to pop up in the evening abouve the house on the right where the sun rises. And then moves west in a couple of hours it makes it next to the tree out my window. My first Telescope fell in Gloucester and Sharpness canal last year so I got this Telescope Telescope It isn’t the best Telescope and I need to get a new one but you can still see Jupiter in it.  I couldn’t use my camara with it properly though Jupiter went over the tree in a arch and it was too high up in the sky 

• There is every chance it is Jupiter. Jupiter is currently the brightest star in the sky, though it depends what time of the night you are viewing.

Other bright stars to be seen are Venus and Saturn, while Mars, also visible, does have a distinctive red glow.

If you use the link I gave you, set your location, then using the Interactive Sky Chart, you can see all stars in the sky for any time of day and day of the week.

• I have a got a bat circleing around the garden every night. Iv noticed before it was after 7:30 but now it’s after 7 o’clock cause it’s getting dark earlyer. Getting a close up of the bat is a pain though cause it’s flight is so fast and erratic

• Michael B said:

There is every chance it is Jupiter. Jupiter is currently the brightest star in the sky, though it depends what time of the night you are viewing.

Other bright stars to be seen are Venus and Saturn, while Mars, also visible, does have a distinctive red glow.

If you use the link I gave you, set your location, then using the Interactive Sky Chart, you can see all stars in the sky for any time of day and day of the week.

At this time of year I usually see Jupiter with Saturn next to it. A couple of days ago I saw Mars. It was round the corner at a dangerous angle that night so I couldn’t really get a photo but I’m waiting until I get the opportunity to get a photo of it. For Jupiter im hopeing to catch it before it rises abouve the tree. At the moment it’s 12:30 but I might  try the link

• The bats Bat didn’t turn up tonight. I tryed getting some pictures of Jupiter but I didn’t get much luck tonight 
    It was just abouve the washing line next to the house the sun rises and my phone ran out before I could keep it still properly 

• I charged my devices up later and I managed to get photos of the moon through my Telescope

• Zo Clark said:

The bats   didn’t turn up tonight. I tryed getting some pictures of Jupiter but I didn’t get much luck tonight 
    It was just abouve the washing line next to the house the sun rises and my phone ran out before I could keep it still properly 

Don't worry too much about Jupiter when using a normal camera.

Because the earth is rotating, and shutter speed great than 0.5 sec will show any planet to be elliptical.

If you have access to a DSLR, set the ISO to AUTO, and try various shutter speeds starting at 0.5 sec and gradually getting shorter. It won't be too long before there is nothing to see, but it will give you an idea what is an ideal shutter speed.