Wildlife in the Garden

This stick like tree thing turned out to be Dogwood in Spring and Sunmer 

• i Usually go out in the garden more often during Spring and Summer than Autumn and winter and I tend to go out in the garden to look after my Wildlife shelters, bird feeders, nest box, and wildflower borders and to look out for Wildlife like insects and invertrebetes but I tend to go out in the garden more often during Spring and Summer so I tend to look for them almost every time I go out since I see more of them about. The Blue Tit gets used to seeing me at one of my borders so on lots of occasions Iv been able to be out in the garden at the same time as him or her and if I’m lucky get a photo while its not looking without being noticed since It’s used to seeing me take pictures of things in that spot.

The Robin is another one that gets used to me in the garden there’s been a couple of occasions where im either planting or sitting down and a Robin will go round the garden looking for worms so sometimes it runs into me and approaches me closely tilting its head but then just continues looking.

The Blackbird also gets used to me in the garden aswell. There’s been lots of times where I have been in the middle of doing something and the blackbird hops around as if I’m not there just doing blackbird stuff like looking for insects and turning leafs without thinking about weather he’s close or not.

The Woodpigeons get used to me aswell Iv had times where Im looking at something and the Woodpigeon just turns up and has a drink. Luckily not a bath otherwise I would get wet.

The Starlings sometimes land on the grass while I’m out there aswell
    And I have been able to sit outside while goldfinches are outside before but have had to hide and watch for them same for other birds aswell

most often it’s the Blue Tit Robin Blackbird and woodpigeon. It’s amazing how garden birds can get used to people’s presence in a garden or other places people visit as long as there’s food and water available of course
  • Monday 6th 2023 

Sunburst Lichen 

• Also called common Orange Lichen or Common Orange sunburst Lichen or yellow scale

While Iv already learned how to identify it I thought some people might be interested

• 5th March 2023

mated Woodpigeons in the garden 

through my telephoto Lens Scope 28x magnification 

• baby worm 

it was stuck to an adult worm on one of my Insect shelters 

made from bamboo sticks Cause  it had fell over 

• Adult worm

Getting ready to put my hand on the soil for it to crawl 

off and dig into the soil. Worms are beneficial cause there food for birds and beneficial for the plants and the soil aswell

• Going to dig into the soil 

After digging it went through the hole 

•  An insect appeared when I put the worm in