Spiders share your photos here

I think since Spiders are also interesting and fascinating creatures with there intricate webs and everything I think  they deserve a forum of there own aswell.  If you get any photos Of Spiders you can share your photos here if you would like to

• Danceing Money Spider 

•  The Spider just wanted me to pass onto you that its caught a colourful catch and a good meal. It said it doesn’t mind haveing a picture taken as long as I don’t interfere. 
    so I respected its wishes .   

Spider with a Lacewing

• Monday 26 September 

Green Meshweaver. 

Its so we’ll camaflauged I didn’t know It was there until I turned around.  It is on my dogwood And it’s still there today Thursday 29th so it’s decided To live there.  It’s a new species  I havnt seen before so it’s very exciting.  Its very distinct and hard to confuse with other species.  they can be found in Gardens or on walls often on big leafs. They can be found from August to October. It makes a small web on the leaf. The Spider catches insects sometimes larger than itself in its web which it builds on the Surface of leafs. The female hides its egg sac on a place distant from its retreat. Until 1993 it was only found in London and the county’s that surround London. Interestingly for the species scientific name the species its named in Honer of Charles Athanase Walckenear 

• Well spotted and photographed Zo ... Thumbsup

• Have you seen any Spiders aswell yet?
  • Someone asked me if I could move  2 Spiders from the garage.

They were giant House Spiders. With one of them it wasn’t very timid and was quiet Curious and Brave 

The Spider put its leg out on my hand and kept doing it from different angles 

Then it put all its front legs on my hand and crawled on so I found somewhere else 

And let him or her crawl away.  With the second Spider that one was more nervous running

Around everywhere and looking for somewhere to hide but once he or she calmed down It checked me out like the other one

then crawled I put him or her somewhere else. And the person said thanks and went and got what they wanted to get.

With House Spiders they actually tend to be quiet shy of humans. 

Giant House Spiders can run really fast and  there instinct is to just run and hide. 

• After helping those 2 House Spiders after 8 oclock the person showed me some Spiders On the gate One that particularly got her and mines  attention. This Spider has managed to catch a Cranefly and is (holding it with its legs. )I didn’t have my I pad with me at the time but I was like oh I got to get camara for that one is got a cranefly. No way I’m missing this opportunity. It could be gone tomorrow.

I asked Bumblebee Conservation Trust about a wondering wasp in the garden. They  told me At this time of year wasps are wondering around looking for insects. A few years ago one caught a cranefly so I had to try not to get too close so kept a short distance.I filmed it. Later it left it temporarily. the Cranefly moved but it did struggle. Even though it moved it didn’t take long until it found it just like that. Then it had its dinner. 

Wasps armt the only ones that eat Craneflys but that’s not surprising cause they are insects and they are flys. So both wasps and Spiders  help control the cranefly population.  If it wasn’t for wasps and Spiders I would have too many craneflys.

• Not seen any recently Zo. I've been doing a bit of walking on the moors - not too far!  I will have to have a poke around the garden & shed ... Wink