Part one of Four RSPB Fairburn Ings Reserve

• You've been practising, ILR... Brimstone and mating dragons on the wing!!?? Superb shots!!
    Lovely to see a few birds about too :o)
    Thanks for sharing, looking forward to parts 2-4!!
  • very nice set ILR and seeing your young moorhen, it appears they had a good breeding season this year, we've had 3 broods on the water below our apartment. The one thing I didn't realise was that the first juvenile moorhens then help feed their siblings in 2nd brood - was lovely watching them help out their parents by helping feed the next clutch !
  • Your right PB after seeing some superb photos on here I must admit it gives you some ideas what is achievable and was over the moon with the brimstone butterfly photo, plus the benefits of seeing the detail of the subjects your photographing. It’s nice to combine both interests of the love of nature and photography.
    Thanks very much PB I shall post part two later today
  • Thank you Hazel, so pleased you liked the photos and really interesting about the first juvenile moorhens helping out there parents to feed the 2nd brood siblings.
  • More cracking photos ILR, nad good to see, even though I'm almost house bound at the moment.

• Thank you Mike and so sorry to hear that you are house bound, I do hope you will be up and about very soon.

• i love robins said:

Thank you Mike and so sorry to hear that you are house bound, I do hope you will be up and about very soon.

A little over two months back, by rebuilt leg burst. I'll not go into the gory details, but it's had me in hospital and requiring daily leg cleans and dressing changes. I take my hat of to the young practice nurse, she's had a baptism of fire with me, and handled it professionally, even contacting the hospital for advice on one occasion.

Walking any distance is very painful, and with the fact I can't go far with the daily nurse care, I'm as good as grounded. But I do try when its not so hot, to get to a local Nat Trust, just to have a change of scenery, and play with my new toy, a Canon R5.

The garden, as you'd expect, is quiet with all this heat, so I can't sit and watch the wildlife visit, and by the time I was able to sit outside, all the swifts had flown.

• So Sorry Mike to hear of your situation I can only wish you a speedy recovery, so you can continue with what you love best.
  • i love robins said:
    So Sorry Mike to hear of your situation I can only wish you a speedy recovery, so you can continue with what you love best.

Thank you.

I will endeavour to get out for little trips when and where I can, and post the piccies, so keep a lookout.

• I will Mike and take care of yourself