Birth bath photography

I dont know if there going to keep useing the bird bath as much as they are but cause of the heatwaves the local birds have started takeing lots of interest in my Bird bath this month 

when usually they arnt as interested in the bird bath as the  Woodpigeon. only occasionaly or it’s been hot or dry will they use it. most of the time it’s the insects and Woodpigeon or occasional goldfinches for a bath and drink. 

Cause they been takeing more interest in it than normal I have decided to a photo thing of photos 

And films of the birds useing the bath while there useing it more. 

I might not be able to get photos every time but I’ll send some on this forum when I do. 

Thursday

Friday

Blackbird goes for the bath I use for the insects and drinks out of it

Sunday 14 August 

I had 2 Great Tits perch on the bird bath together and have a drink then later a Robin 

Landed on the bird bath and had a couple of sips from the bird bath he was there for at least a couple of minutes but I didn’t have my camara. 

This wood Pigeon that has started visiting the garden recently had a look round on Thursday 

And then used the bird bath this evening he managed to have a drink however the Magpie

Arrived and tryed to get on the bird bath to have a drink aswell so the pigeon looked at the 

Magpie funny and then the Magpies feet slipped off so he stopped himself mid air and landed on the wall

The pigeon was very confused but he flew off and then the Magpie went worked out what angle to land on the bird bath and flew onto the bird bath 

8:14 pm

•  The heatwave has finished. The Robin and Blue Tit visits at times but the Great Tit only used to visit occasionally but after the Heatwave the Great Tit has become a regular visitor now. today the air was humid and it decided to have a drink.

• 22 September 2022 

3:29 pm

Great Tit the Great Tit came and had a couple of drinks of water from the Bird Bath then stayed there for abit and then left before comeing back later on

• 22 September 2022 5:44 pm

Robin haveing a bath
    First time iv seen the Robin have a bath in the Bird Bath 

• Glad that the birdies are enjoying your bath Zo, I love watching them splash about and have a good bath.
  • Yes when I first got the bird bath a couple of years ago only the Woodpigeon showed interest in my Bird bath and there is a very funny Woodpigeon that usually turns up wet if My bird bath has been lower than normal And and then goes in it and has bath even though he’s soaking wet. But eventually the Starlings And Goldfinch started showing interest but still didn’t get any other birds some years after that so it was mainly Goldfinches occasionally and mainly the Woodpigeon and Starlings.

But during the heatwave I noticed a lot more interest in the Bird Bath and the Great Tit I only used to get once or twice came with its young and had a drink and ever since then Iv had 2 Great Tits and 3 to 4 at the most. And it’s only recently Iv noticed the Robin had started visiting the bird bath often and has now had a bath. Even though small birds do bath in Bird baths Im not used to seeing small birds haveing a bath cause iv only ever seen them haveing a drink so it was very entertaining and exiteing to watch