Slimbridge Wetland Centre part 2

Bewick Swan 

Coscoroba Swan

In the arctic tundra Hut To my surprise when I went round the corner I spotted a feral pigeon nesting 

Black Necked Swan 

Coot

The Hide

Young Goose

the only otter species that arent currently in decline

Moorhen

Greylag goose parents  and there young

Andean Flamingo 

Resting in the water 

Enjoying itself 

Haveing a drink

Black headed gull 

the Wise old Woodpigeon watching 

Feral Pigeon 

A feral pigeon with a green tag on his leg

They tag birds at Slimbridge but the other birds didn’t have one

These Feral Pigeons went in front of my camara so I got some good close ups of them

Tufted Duck 

The birds begining to change course on the water 

All The birds were on the way to the other side for some reason

Some of them started getting off 

Allmost all the birds were on the other side 

but they did came back over again  eventually 

• A good part 2 and a good selection of birds Zo.

• Thanks. I went all the way round so I thought I’d do a part 2 I found out that I still hadn’t gone round absolutely everywhere though and I acidently missed the elder cause I didn’t notice what it said until I looked at my photos after the visit. They have lesser flamingos aswell as These Andean flammingos. I don’t usually see them sit in the water so I couldn’t miss tthat shot and I think the one with the flamingo looking happy and putting its wings out splashing around, and drinking was one of my best ones with the flamingo aswell.
  • Zo Clark said:
    Thanks. I went all the way round so I thought I’d do a part 2 I found out that I still hadn’t gone round absolutely everywhere though and I acidently missed the elder cause I didn’t notice what it said until I looked at my photos after the visit. They have lesser flamingos aswell as These Andean flammingos. I don’t usually see them sit in the water so I couldn’t miss tthat shot and I think the one with the flamingo looking happy and putting its wings out splashing around, and drinking was one of my best ones with the flamingo aswell.

Often its a good idea to do a part 1, part 2 etc, particularly if you have a lot of photos and info to share.

That way it can be grouped, either as per hide, area or whatever you see fit.

• Ok. Thanks. After I went I found out there was other parts there I missed aswell which is interesting aswell there is also events like Wildlife Photography sessions and also birding sessions one for beginners and one for ones who arnt new to it or arnt beginners. And pond dipping

• Zo Clark said:

Ok. Thanks. After I went I found out there was other parts there I missed aswell which is interesting aswell there is also events like Wildlife Photography sessions and also birding sessions one for beginners and one for ones who arnt new to it or arnt beginners. And pond dipping

Slimbridge is a massive place and packs a lot in.

• I really must make a visit there, it's been some almost 50 years since I was last there.