Plant 

Seaweed 

Red Mite

Through the creaks in the Rocks there’s water 

Theres an insect swimming 

And washed onshore there’s an Eel 

I don’t think that is a good sign though

Exspeacially if you see this 

There was litter but its better behind the Rock than where its more vulnerable to being washed away 

There was Jackdaws and gulls but no waders even though this is the flyby where waders and others stop off at. 

a bird flying past the River Severn 

Distant gull flying past 

A bird perched on the flood barrier pecking at the knats

Common Mallow 

The Bumblebees loved them. 

It isn’t a Garden Bumblebee since it doesnt have 3 Stripes but  it’s a White or Buff tailed Bumblebee. 

I also saw a Moth 

Another Bird 

then we have the Jackdaws 

Next how could I forget the rivers scenery 

This is the  Severn Bridge

The rest of the Mouth of the River Severn 

Driftwood 

• I defiantly saw lots of Wildlife there and to be honest it’s nice to have a change of scenary since im used the escarpments and all the hilly landscapes in my area a lot of it is mainly nearby habitats like farmland, woods and streams and ponds. Iv seen more land based Wildlife than estuary, or aquatic and beach Wildlife so even though Wildlife watching is exiting sometimes it’s nice to go to a differant habitat where theres differant animals. like the eel for example. Iv been to a beach before but Iv never been to an estuary before and never been to the mouth of the Severn only further up the river. But even then it’s not the same as going to the mouth of a river, or a Beach.

• Nice pictures Zo it does look to be an excellent place for waders and sea birds
  • Thanks. Yes it definitely is. Since it’s a flyaway and a vital place for them to stop off at and has lots of food for them there I think the Birds would probably agree with that aswell
  • Nice photos zo.

I have quite a soft spot for estuaries and coastal wildlife and areas, which is why I like the Conwy Reserve so much. They not only encompass the water activity, but also not too far inland, the usual inland wildlife activities as well. Spey Bay on my recent Scotland trip was just the same.

Sad for the eel,. While we won't know what was the demise, dead sea life tends to stay in the water and gets cleaned up pretty quick, or we'd see a lot more. So litter, or human activity could be a key player.

Short of a post mortem, we'll not know, but litter is a very big problem, of all types.

• Thanks. Also for  Litter some are more harmful than others.  fishing gear can be a big problom in oceans and is one of the harmful ones. It isn’t much of a problom for sealife unless it gets in the water and this  one is one of the bad stuff unfortunately 

It can catch on animals includeing endangered ones and can also cause animals to get tangled up. This one would of been washed up on shore and was found on the same part of the mudflat as the eel. What I think might of happened is it could of got injured while on its way cause of the fishing gear or the struggle could of tired it out or it could of got attacked by a predator before or after encountering the fishing gear. Of course there no way to know for sure unless the eel is inspected but I couldnt Go and see cause the sand became that of quick of sand on that part. But I think it might be a clue about what happened.